Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Mauricio Henriquez <bu...@entelchile.net> on 2006/03/20 02:33:50 UTC

Re: Help Please!!!, SVN Fedora Problem

Hi SVN Users!!!, I know that this is a veryyyy basic problem, but help me
please!!!, I don't know wath else can I check.

My name is Mauricio and this is my first post to the list.

Recently I dicover all the power of SVN and I try to test a very simple
repository. I use Fedora Core 3 with apache2.

I check my httpd.conf and I added all the necesary stuf (LoadModule... and
<Location>...pointing to my "repostory" folder), apache start correctly and
SVN work fine in the local machine, then I try "TortoiseSVN" (or other SVN
client)from a windows client, but TortoiseSVN can't browse my svn server,
allways return a message:

"Error *PROPFIND request failed on 'repository' PROPFIND of 'repository':403
forbidden (http://200.2.116.72)

my default apache webpage work correctly, so the apache work (also I don't
have a firewall causing problems),

Any idea?, tips?, link?, check?, black magic?

In advance thank you for the help

Mauricio, from Chili

Re: Help Please!!!, SVN Fedora Problem

Posted by Mauricio Henriquez <bu...@entelchile.net>.
Hi, thank for the help, I run the command:
chcon -R -h -t httpd_sys_content_t /var/www/html/svn

but nothing, the same error :-(
I also restart my system, but nothing, the same

I know that this is strange, what elese can I check?, also I disable all the
firewall seting...

Mauricio...

Posted by Mauricio Henriquez <bu...@entelchile.net>.
I have an update: I try to open my repository with firefox from my
windows-client, and firefox show me this:
"This XML file don't  seems to have asociate style information. The document
tree is show below"
<D:error>
<C:error/>
<m:human-readable errcode="2">
Could not open the requested SVN filesystem
</m:human-readable>
</D:error>

ideas????

Mauricio

Check that your <Location> directive does not conflict with a physical
location. I came across this once wherein I placed my repository
directly under the web server's root folder and then created a
<Location /svn> directive.

To solve my woes, I moved my repository somewhere else (e.g.
/usr/local/svn), updated the SVNParentPath, but retained the <Location
/svn> directive.

Posted by Mark <mm...@gmail.com>.
Try looking at your web server's error logs for more hints.

Posted by Mauricio Henriquez <bu...@entelchile.net>.

Posted by Mauricio Henriquez <bu...@entelchile.net>.
Finally!!!, thanks to all, I re-check my location directive and turn off
SELinux (again), restart my system and finally SVN working!!!, thank to all
and for all your patience...

thanks again, Mauricio

Posted by Steve Williams <st...@kromestudios.com>.

Posted by Mauricio Henriquez <bu...@entelchile.net>.
Hi:

Thanks for all the suggestions, but still no luck :-(
I don't know what else can I check, this is very strange, I try all:
chcon -R -h -t httpd_sys_content_t /path/to/repository..., the chcon -t
usr_t /path commands, the chown apache.apache -R /path, the chgrp apache
/path, disable the SELinux, disable the firewall, change the repository
location (outside /var/www), restart apache and the system, but still the:
403-Forbidden error, then I change the "SVNParentPath" for a "SVNPath", and
now I recive a: 500-Error (internal server), what else can I check?, I have
to start some svnserver?

My httpd error_log say this:
[Mon Mar 20 19:12:01 2006] [error] [client 200.2.116.250] Could not open the
requested SVN filesystem [500, #2]

and my httpd access_log say:

200.2.116.250 - - [20/Mar/2006:19:09:45 -0400] "GET /svn/ HTTP/1.1" 500 234
"-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR
1.1.4322)"

please help!!!, what can I check or what info can I post?

In advance, thank you very much

Mauricio, from Chili

Fwd: Help Please!!!, SVN Fedora Problem

Posted by Mark <mm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Williams <st...@kromestudios.com>.
Mauricio Henriquez wrote:

>Recently I dicover all the power of SVN and I try to test a very simple
>repository. I use Fedora Core 3 with apache2.
>
>I check my httpd.conf and I added all the necesary stuf (LoadModule... and
><Location>...pointing to my "repostory" folder), apache start correctly and
>SVN work fine in the local machine, then I try "TortoiseSVN" (or other SVN
>client)from a windows client, but TortoiseSVN can't browse my svn server,
>allways return a message:
>
>"Error *PROPFIND request failed on 'repository' PROPFIND of 'repository':403
>forbidden (http://200.2.116.72)

It's probably SELinux (installed by default with Fedora Core 3) doing
its job.
http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#reposperms

--
Sly

This message and its attachments may contain legally privileged or confidential information. This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you may not copy or deliver this message or its attachments to anyone. Rather, you should permanently delete this message and its attachments and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail. Any content of this message and its attachments, which does not relate to the official business of the sending company must be taken not to have been sent or endorsed by the sending company or any of its related entities. No warranty is made that the e-mail or attachment(s) are free from computer virus or other defect.

Re: Help Please!!!, SVN Fedora Problem

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Mauricio: a meta-comment -- please don't post unrelated mails in an
existing thread, see here for details:

It's not a big problem, just wanted you to know for next time.

Thanks,
-Karl

--
www.collab.net  <>  CollabNet  |  Distributed Development On Demand