Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jan Hoskens <jh...@schaubroeck.be> on 2004/01/23 10:05:12 UTC

[More Detailed/Workaround] [Woody] Repeater in TemplateTransformer

I ran some more tests and now I think I've isolated the problem better (still using cvs head cocoon 2.1, last updated 22 januari):

If I use a repeater and in that repeater use some textnodes, they allways end up at the front of the generated block, and this once:

<repeater>
    text1
    <widget/>
    textbetween
    <widget/>
    textafter
</repeater>

this ends up in:
    text1 textbetween textafter
    <output from widgets>

If I create an extra element that surrounds the whole inner structure of the repeater, all ends up nice:
<repeater>
    <surround>
        text1
        <widget/>
        textbetween
        <widget/>
        textafter
    </surround>
</repeater>

ends up in (correctly):
<!--repeated piece:-->
text1 <widget result> textbetween <widget2result> textafter
<!--end repeated piece-->

So I just use a dummy element to surround everything in my repeater!

Cheers,

Jan
Posted by Jan Hoskens <jh...@schaubroeck.be>.
I've updated my cvs head today and your fix works fine!

Posted by Tim Larson <ti...@keow.org>.

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 19:38, Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> On 23.01.2004 19:22, Bruno Dumon wrote:
>
> Bruno is back - welcome! :) Where have you been all the time?

Nowhere, just quite busy with other stuff (and will be for some more
time). Thanks for caring ;-)

Re: [More Detailed/Workaround] [Woody] Repeater in TemplateTransformer

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 23.01.2004 19:22, Bruno Dumon wrote:

Bruno is back - welcome! :) Where have you been all the time?

Joerg

Re: [More Detailed/Workaround] [Woody] Repeater in TemplateTransformer

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
Seems like a bug. Could you enter it into bugzilla?