Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Alex Baranau <al...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/02 20:14:33 UTC

[OFFTOPIC] Big Data Application Meetup

Hi everyone,

I wanted to drop a note about a newly organized developer meetup in Bay
Area: the Big Data Application Meetup (http://meetup.com/bigdataapps) and
call for speakers. The plan is for meetup topics to be focused on
application use-cases: how developers can build end-to-end solutions with
open-source big data technologies.

If you want to share your experience, please email me back to become a
speaker. If you have any questions - I will be happy to answer them.

We plan for the first event to be hosted by Cask at its HQ in Palo Alto in
end of June. We also will be promoting meetup at Hadoop Summit and Spark
Summit in the following weeks.

Thank you,
Alex Baranau