Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Merlin Bögershausen <me...@rwth-aachen.de> on 2021/05/10 12:17:32 UTC

Problems Building Main

Hi,
I've problems building current main. As described here in the wiki https://jena.apache.org/getting_involved/index.html
Whenever I run maven with an other goal than install (compile for instance), the build fails at package Base Common Environment because classes from org.apache.jena.ext.com.google.common.cache can not be found. I don't get it, is there some package rewriting involved that only is executed for install?

When I run maven with goal install, the package tdb fails because it can not find tdb.cnf. Do I need to run some kind of initial setup script?

Best Merlin

Merlin Bögershausen
E // Merlin.Boegershausen@rwth-aachen.de (mailto:Merlin.Boegershausen@rwth-aachen.de)
P // 015735669457 (tel:015735669457)
W // https://mboegers.github.io

Re: Problems Building Main

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

On 10/05/2021 22:42, Bögershausen, Merlin wrote:
> I usually work less maven centric ;) Stumbled across the compile problem, because install with tests  fails due to missing configuration.
> Tomorrow I'll do a fresh clone, set it up with install and see what's happening.

Generally, I use maven for the build step and running the entire test
suite; IDE during development.

It is the shading and renaming of Google guava that complicates things,
we may able to remove the shading though it's hard to tell about
downstream usage and any dependency/versions issues.

The other uses of shading are building combined runnable jar files and
don't do renaming.

     Andy

Re: Problems Building Main

Posted by Bögershausen, Merlin <me...@rwth-aachen.de>.

Re: Problems Building Main

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Re: Problems Building Main

Posted by Merlin Bögershausen <me...@rwth-aachen.de>.
Hi Adam,

Posted by aj...@apache.org.

Re: Problems Building Main

Posted by Merlin Bögershausen <me...@rwth-aachen.de>.
Hi,

makes sence ;D see gist: https://gist.github.com/MBoegers/81c4cfd9c029bf75f149f1201f2aa73d

Re: Problems Building Main

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Re: Problems Building Main

Posted by Merlin Bögershausen <me...@rwth-aachen.de>.
Hi,
for maven install (full log see attachments) it is:
java.lang.AssertionError: Config file not found
at org.apache.jena.tdb.setup.TestStoreParamsCreate.params_create_02(TestStoreParamsCreate.java:76)

and for maven compile (full log see attachments) it is:
[ERROR] /media/merlin/Austausch/Projekte/RDF/jena/jena-base/src/main/java/org/apache/jena/atlas/lib/cache/CacheInfo.java:[21,51] package org.apache.jena.ext.com.google.common.cache does not exist

Re: Problems Building Main

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.