Posted to users@maven.apache.org by sam <qi...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/02 10:22:28 UTC

Can I build tow or more jar in a project by maven-jar-plugin?

HI ,
     I have used maven2 for several month,I finded maven can't satisfy my
requirements,eg.:Can maven build tow or more jar package for a project?And
maven can't  take out some classes file which is compiled by itself  when it
build a jar package,Some times I don't want to pack
all the classes file into a jar package; When I modify the pom.xml,it always
take a long time for maven's  eclipse plugin to build pom.xml,It makes me be
weary of maven. I don't know is it my problem or maven's problem,is there
somebody can give me some advice please?

Re: Can I build tow or more jar in a project by maven-jar-plugin?

Posted by Arnaud Bailly <ab...@oqube.com>.
sam <qi...@gmail.com> writes:

> HI ,
>      I have used maven2 for several month,I finded maven can't satisfy my
> requirements,eg.:Can maven build tow or more jar package for a project?And
> maven can't  take out some classes file which is compiled by itself  when it
> build a jar package,Some times I don't want to pack
> all the classes file into a jar package; When I modify the pom.xml,it always
> take a long time for maven's  eclipse plugin to build pom.xml,It makes me be
> weary of maven. I don't know is it my problem or maven's problem,is there
> somebody can give me some advice please?

Hello sam,
Could you please be more specific ? About the kind of problems you
hav ? I think this question (2 artifacts from the same POM) have been
debated recently on this list so may be a bit of searching could help.

Otherwise, did you have a look at profiles ? This is a powerful
feature of maven that allows you to customize your build.

OQube < software engineering \ génie logiciel >
Arnaud Bailly, Dr.
\web> http://www.oqube.com