Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Vijayendra Grampurohit <vi...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/31 13:04:40 UTC

"Monitoring and Messaging" Framework

Hi Dhanushka/All

I will be involved in one of the sub-project under "Monitoring and
Messaging". As you are handling "AMQP Messaging protocol support for
Airavata WS-Messenger", We need to come up with framework for message
monitoring. Can we all start discussing here?

Regards
Vijayendra

Re: "Monitoring and Messaging" Framework

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
+ 1, please do all gsoc communications on the mailing lists. This year it will be even more important since all projects are inter-related and we need to see a holistic success of the master project.

Ofcourse I mean only technical questions. As you might already know, all lists are public and searchable, so if you have personal emails like going out an extended date with your girl friend and want to inform your mentor, you may not want to post it here :) You may choose to, if you want google and Facebook to share it with rest of world :)

Suresh

Posted by Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shameera,

Sounds good.

Looking forward to it. Lets do a PoC once it is finalized.

Thanks,
Danushka

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
On May 31, 2013, at 11:34 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Danushka et.al,
>
> I am working on defining a standard to convert JSON to XML and a suitable
> method to do the conversion back and forth without any loss. I went through
> some XSD's of Airavata backend and found that some elements have been
> defined with some attributes ( i.e, "application-scheduling-context"
> element in workflow_execution_context.xsd expect 10 attributes with it,
> Hope this is not a deprecated XSD)

This is still relevant. Airavata is a Archeologists paradise, as you dig through the summer you will keep finding fossils.

The key use of such a nested schema is to let the execution client specify node level scheduling preferences.

Suresh

Posted by Shameera Rathnayaka <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Danushka et.al,

--
Best Regards,
Shameera Rathnayaka.

Re: "Monitoring and Messaging" Framework

Posted by Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@gmail.com>.
Guys,

Posted by Sanchit Aggarwal <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Subho Banerjee <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@gmail.com>.
Vijayendra,

We are still trying to figure out the best approach to have in terms of
API, in the JSON/XML layer. Please follow (and contribute to :)) the other
thread on the subject for more information.

I will make the AMQP API available asap (most probably over the next couple
of days). Once we have it, we can implement the JS API bits in the protocol
conversion layer, which in turn could be used in the UI to consume AMQP
(wrapped) messages.

Thanks,
Danushka

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.