Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Yasen Kiprov <ya...@yahoo.com> on 2012/10/25 14:12:56 UTC

Using opennlp tools in UIMA with maven

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a UIMA pipeline with the opennlp tools and I have some questions. There are AE descriptors in the opennlp-uima project but they are not available in the maven artifact (i.e. here: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/opennlp/opennlp-uima/1.5.2-incubating/). Is there a PEAR-like distribution of the opennlp tools or should I use the opennlp-dist? Or should I just copy the descriptors in my project and depend on opennlp-uima?

What is the best way to depend on the opennlp when building UIMA projects in maven?

Thank you,

Yasen

Re: Using opennlp tools in UIMA with maven

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

we do not have a PEAR distribution, because we cannot distribute our models.
There is an ant script which can build a PEAR from the sample
descriptors and the
models from sourceforge, the script downloads the models.

In my UIMA projects I use maven to depend on the OpenNLP jars and keep
the descriptors out of the jars. My models are usually hosted on a web
server
and I then just reference them by URL in the UIMA descriptors.

Jörn