Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Thierry Cools <th...@s1.com> on 2001/01/12 15:22:22 UTC

PropertyRessource problem on WebLogic 6.0

Hi,

As I already told in other messages, I try to move my application from a Tomcat server to Weblogic 6.0.

I know already about all serialization problems in Weblogic and made the modications in the Message Ressources classes to make it work and it was working.

Yesterday, I read the mail from Craig, telling that modications were made in struts so this problem was now solved.
I deployed the example war file in Weblogic, and ... miracle it started without any problem (at least the first page and registration one, Craig told that there was a problem due to the datasource, but that's not an issue for me).
So, I changed the struts library in my application, and ... I received a nice :

<12-janv.-01 15:02:29 GMT+01:00> <Error> <HTTP> <[WebAppServletContext(1644923,ebpp_beans)] Could not deserialize context attribute    java.io.NotSerializableException: org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResourcesFactory.

So my question is, what has changed in the example application to make it work (I didn't see the difference).

Could someone help me, so that I can use the last struts library without modifications in it.

Thanks,
Thierry

Thierry Cools

Senior Java Developer
S1 Brussels
Kleine Kloosterstraat, 23
1932 st. Stevens-Woluwe
Belgium
Tel : +32 2 200 43 82
Email : thierry.cools@s1.com

Re: PropertyRessource problem on WebLogic 6.0

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Thierry Cools wrote:

> Hi, As I already told in other messages, I try to move my application from a
> Tomcat server to Weblogic 6.0. I know already about all serialization problems
> in Weblogic and made the modications in the Message Ressources classes to make
> it work and it was working. Yesterday, I read the mail from Craig, telling
> that modications were made in struts so this problem was now solved.I deployed
> the example war file in Weblogic, and ... miracle it started without any
> problem (at least the first page and registration one, Craig told that there
> was a problem due to the datasource, but that's not an issue for me).So, I
> changed the struts library in my application, and ... I received a nice
> : <12-janv.-01 15:02:29 GMT+01:00> <Error> <HTTP>
> <[WebAppServletContext(1644923,ebpp_beans)] Could not deserialize context
> attribute    java.io.NotSerializableException:
> org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResourcesFactory. So my question is,
> what has changed in the example application to make it work (I didn't see the
> difference). Could someone help me, so that I can use the last struts library
> without modifications in it. Thanks,Thierry
> Thierry Cools

I'm afraid it's not something you can directly fix ... it's a showstopping bug
until I change the implementation of MessageResourcesFactory :-(

The problem is that the PropertyMessageResources class is itself Serializable,
but it maintains a reference to it sparent PropertyMessageResourcesFactory,
which is not serializable -- and cannot currently be made to be, without a bit
more refactoring.  Fixing this is on my plate for today.

Craig