Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2002/06/04 16:34:43 UTC

[doc]: Merging credits with the docs

We currently have the CREDITS file in the root directory of Cocoon.
What about merging this into the docs under some good topic? I think
such a document is better located in the docs section.

We could add the other contributions (flowmaps, tree processor, etc.)
there as well.

Comments?

Carsten

Re: [doc]: Merging credits with the docs

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>

>>Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>

>>>We currently have the CREDITS file in the root directory of Cocoon.
>>>What about merging this into the docs under some good topic? I think
>>>such a document is better located in the docs section.
>>>

>>Yes, I agree.
>>

>>>We could add the other contributions (flowmaps, tree processor, etc.)
>>>there as well.
>>>

>>Just one thing, I vote to move into a more visible location only if the
>>document gets more balanced. I mean, currently there is only one
>>official contribution from a commercial entity (yours), I'll vote when I
>>see the list of those contributions or vote to wait until we have more.
>>
>>(this is to avoid to give unfair visibility to you just because you did
>>an official contribution while others did it somewhat more unofficially)
>>
>>Please, understand I'm not trying to remove given credit, I'm trying to
>>avoid friction to develop in any possible way.
>>

>I totally understand and agree, but...
>- the credits file is there for three months or so and noone else picked up
>  the chance to add himself

Up to the recent discussions about making visible the commercial
entities working with Cocoon, I have the impression we were all "shy" to
promote our business in this open-source world.

>- I already moved it :)
>
>Ok, perhaps this was a little bit too fast...As I agree with you about
>the balance, I suggest we wait if now someone comes up and enters himself
>into this credits section. If noone else is doing this in the next days,
>I will revert the changes next week. Promised. Is this ok?
>
>So, all of you, who have done major donations to Cocoon, please stand up
>NOW!

Done : I added a credit for my time that is donated by my company.

--
Sylvain Wallez

Re: [doc]: Merging credits with the docs

Posted by Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@apache.org>.
On 6/14/02 9:32 AM, "Sylvain Wallez" <sy...@anyware-tech.com>
wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>>> Yes, I agree.

>>> Just one thing, I vote to move into a more visible location only if the
>>> document gets more balanced. I mean, currently there is only one
>>> official contribution from a commercial entity (yours), I'll vote when I
>>> see the list of those contributions or vote to wait until we have more.
>>>
>>> (this is to avoid to give unfair visibility to you just because you did
>>> an official contribution while others did it somewhat more unofficially)
>>>
>>> Please, understand I'm not trying to remove given credit, I'm trying to
>>> avoid friction to develop in any possible way.
>>>

>> I totally understand and agree, but...
>> - the credits file is there for three months or so and noone else picked up
>>  the chance to add himself
>> - I already moved it :)
>>
>> Ok, perhaps this was a little bit too fast...As I agree with you about
>> the balance, I suggest we wait if now someone comes up and enters himself
>> into this credits section. If noone else is doing this in the next days,
>> I will revert the changes next week. Promised. Is this ok?
>>
>> So, all of you, who have done major donations to Cocoon, please stand up
>> NOW!
>>

> Seems like my entry wasn't enough : Carsten has reverted the changes and
> credits are back to their original (invisible) place.
>
> Nobody else wanting more visibility for his Cocoon efforts ?

I've also added Mark and myself in the CREDITS file, hope this is OK.

--
Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@apache.org>
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Monitor/7464/ (Apache, GNU, Emacs...)

Re: [doc]: Merging credits with the docs

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>

>>Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>

>>>We currently have the CREDITS file in the root directory of Cocoon.
>>>What about merging this into the docs under some good topic? I think
>>>such a document is better located in the docs section.
>>>

>>Yes, I agree.
>>

>>>We could add the other contributions (flowmaps, tree processor, etc.)
>>>there as well.
>>>

>>Just one thing, I vote to move into a more visible location only if the
>>document gets more balanced. I mean, currently there is only one
>>official contribution from a commercial entity (yours), I'll vote when I
>>see the list of those contributions or vote to wait until we have more.
>>
>>(this is to avoid to give unfair visibility to you just because you did
>>an official contribution while others did it somewhat more unofficially)
>>
>>Please, understand I'm not trying to remove given credit, I'm trying to
>>avoid friction to develop in any possible way.
>>

>I totally understand and agree, but...
>- the credits file is there for three months or so and noone else picked up
>  the chance to add himself
>- I already moved it :)
>
>Ok, perhaps this was a little bit too fast...As I agree with you about
>the balance, I suggest we wait if now someone comes up and enters himself
>into this credits section. If noone else is doing this in the next days,
>I will revert the changes next week. Promised. Is this ok?
>
>So, all of you, who have done major donations to Cocoon, please stand up
>NOW!

Seems like my entry wasn't enough : Carsten has reverted the changes and
credits are back to their original (invisible) place.

Nobody else wanting more visibility for his Cocoon efforts ?

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez

RE: [doc]: Merging credits with the docs

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Why then you simply don't add more records in it? And problem will be
> solved! ;)

You must be joking :)

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Carsten Ziegeler [mailto:cziegeler@s-und-n.de]
>

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> >
> > Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > >
> > > We currently have the CREDITS file in the root directory of
Cocoon.
> > > What about merging this into the docs under some good topic? I
think
> > > such a document is better located in the docs section.
> >
> > Yes, I agree.
> >
> > > We could add the other contributions (flowmaps, tree processor,
etc.)
> > > there as well.
> >
> > Just one thing, I vote to move into a more visible location only if
the
> > document gets more balanced. I mean, currently there is only one
> > official contribution from a commercial entity (yours), I'll vote
when I
> > see the list of those contributions or vote to wait until we have
more.

> > (this is to avoid to give unfair visibility to you just because you
did
> > an official contribution while others did it somewhat more
unofficially)

> > Please, understand I'm not trying to remove given credit, I'm trying
> > avoid friction to develop in any possible way.
> >

> I totally understand and agree, but...
> - the credits file is there for three months or so and noone else
picked up
>   the chance to add himself
> - I already moved it :)

Why then you simply don't add more records in it? And problem will be
solved! ;)

Vadim

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> We currently have the CREDITS file in the root directory of Cocoon.
> What about merging this into the docs under some good topic? I think
> such a document is better located in the docs section.

Yes, I agree.

> We could add the other contributions (flowmaps, tree processor, etc.)
> there as well.

Just one thing, I vote to move into a more visible location only if the
document gets more balanced. I mean, currently there is only one
official contribution from a commercial entity (yours), I'll vote when I
see the list of those contributions or vote to wait until we have more.

(this is to avoid to give unfair visibility to you just because you did
an official contribution while others did it somewhat more unofficially)

Please, understand I'm not trying to remove given credit, I'm trying to
avoid friction to develop in any possible way.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

RE: [doc]: Merging credits with the docs

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Does anyone care if I add the credits to the 'hall of fame'?

Carsten