Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Brenda Escoto <co...@comcast.net> on 2015/12/08 21:38:09 UTC

Help!

My Apache Open Office 4.0.1 spell-check is not working properly.

Previously, as I typed, a misspelled word was underlined in red, giving me options for replacement.
Now, NO misspelled word is underlined, even if I deliberately spell incorrectly! How do I reset it to the initial process?
I use Windows 8.1

Thank you..
Brenda Escoto
cobina60@comcast.net

RE: Help!

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
See <https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426>.  When you find the "user" folder under the OpenOffice "4" folder, rename it to anything different.  Maybe simply "user-backup".  The next time you start Apache OpenOffice it will create a new user profile.

(Note that the example screen is for a French installation.  For "Utilisateurs" an English-langauge Windows will have "Users".

 - dennis

Re: Help!

Posted by Brenda Escoto <co...@comcast.net>.

Re: Help!