Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by mm...@me.com.INVALID on 2019/06/09 00:33:05 UTC

jdbc

OK, simple question,

I keep getting java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver. in both 10 & 11.

I have no trouble connecting through services.

I have looked everywhere and followed numerous examples and tutorials but to no avail.

When I started I had a full head of air, now I’m almost bald.

HELP

There are 10 types of people in the world,

Re: jdbc

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 8:33 PM <mm...@me.com.invalid> wrote:

> OK, simple question,
>
> I keep getting java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver.
> in both 10 & 11.

This means that you're missing the install of the Java JDBC driver for
MySQL.  This is covered in the JDBC section of the manual, under the area
for downloading the JDBC extensions.  Specifically, for MySQL, it says:

*The MySQL JDBC driver is not included with the extension.* You must obtain
the JDBC driver .jar yourself from MySQL's website
<http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/>. The driver is known as
"Connector/J", and the required .jar will be within a .tar.gz archive.

(http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/jdbc-auth.html#idm46248438603504)

-Nick