Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Doug Lipman <do...@storydynamics.com> on 2005/07/25 06:49:17 UTC

[users@httpd] SSI functions to compare dates?

Hi,

I'm trying to use SSI (via XBitHack) to include a file or a bit of
text in certain existing web pages only until a date I set in code.
In other words, I want my pages to display certain text until an
expiration date, and only until then. I know how to do this in PHP,
but I don't want to have to rename my files from .html.

This is how I've approached the problem:

	<!--#set var="now_date" value="$DATE_LOCAL"-->
	<!--#set var="exp_date" value="[something goes here that is
based on the date I want the include-file to stop appearing]"-->
	<!--#if expr='"now_date > exp_date"' -->
	<!--#include virtual="../../includes/file_to_include.inc" -->
	<!--#endif -->

Here are my questions:
1. In the third line above, would now_date (derived from DATE_LOCAL)
be in Unix time? Or else in what form?
2. Is there a function I can call in the second line above to encode
a date into Unix time (or whatever the answer is to my first
question?)

Or, is there a better way to approach this problem?

I'm running Linux Red Hat 9 and Apache 2.0.42.

Thanks!

Doug Lipman

Doug Lipman, P.O. Box 521165, Tulsa, OK 74152
Phone: (918) 712-7336. Fax: (206) 202-7719. Toll-free: (888) 446-4738
Story DynamicsĂ…: workshops, performances, coaching

Web page: http://www.storydynamics.com
         Free monthly email newsletter, "eTips from the Storytelling Coach."
         "A wonderful, chock full of provocative ideas, storytelling
newsletter. I like it a lot!" - Loretta Greene (Tempe, AZ)

Upcoming workshops: http://www.storydynamics.com/upcoming
The Soul of Hope: http://www.SoulOfHope.net
The Hasidic Stories Home Page: http://www.HasidicStories.com

Re: [users@httpd] SSI functions to compare dates?

Posted by Doug Lipman <do...@storydynamics.com>.
Thanks so much! I'll try PHP by the file.
Doug

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Doug Lipman <do...@storydynamics.com>.

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.