Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Amancio Hasty <ha...@rah.star-gate.com> on 2000/01/24 09:02:37 UTC

Re: Windows 98

> Hello,
>
> If you talk about Tomcat standalone, the .BAT files work under 98, you only
> need to open and save them with a text editor (probably a end of line problem)

We shouldn't have to open and close the *.BAT files in order to run
them in Win98 .  Yes,  I was forced to convert the *.BAT to dos format
before I could run tomcat in win98 plus a couple of extra settings.

Added java to my default path.
Added jdk1.2.2\lib\tools.jar in order to get tomcat to compile and
to be able to compile the jsp files.

I think that tomcat for the windows people is going to need a
small installation program.

--
 Amancio Hasty
 hasty@rah.star-gate.com