Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Nathan Maves <Na...@Sun.COM> on 2003/04/17 22:07:55 UTC

input taglib problem with textarea

I have the following two lines of code.  The top one works
perfect....the bottom one, however, will not compile.

Any help?

<input:text name="name" default="nathan"/>
<input:textarea name="description" default="nathan"/>

Here is the error on complation..

... Unable to find setter method for attribute: default ...

Re: input taglib problem with textarea

Posted by Nathan Maves <Na...@Sun.COM>.
Yes the tlds seem to have the correct attributes.  I too installed the
example and it works.

I have gone about installing the lib a bit differently then the
suggested method but I think it should still work.  I just copy the jar
file into my lib dir of my webapp.  Then reference it by <%@taglib
uri="/taglibs-input" prefix="input" %>  It then uses the tld in the
MANIFEST dir of the jar file.  This way I dont have to have a second tld
in my WEB-INF dir.  I hope this is not what is causing my problem....

The tld & jar files in the example war are the same as what is the the
input directory of the download.

I am at a real loss :)

Nathan

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.