Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by david malkin <dm...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/09 20:07:03 UTC

LDAP Help

I am having dificulty setting up LDAP on Jetspeed2. Here are the
details of my situation.
1. Using Novell NDS
2. Installed binany "Jetspeed2.0-MultiDb-install.jar"
3. Copied "security-spi-ldap-atn.xml" to
"$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/assembly"
4. Copied "security-spi-ldap.xml" to
"$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/assembly"
5. Populated "security-spi-ldap.xml" with the following LDAP settings
-- Arg1 (IP Address of LDAP server) = 10.60.XX.YY
-- Arg2 (LDAP Port) = 389
-- Arg3 (DN suffix) - left blank
-- Arg4 (Root context) = o=svcs
-- Arg5 (Root DN) = cn=admin,o=svcs
-- Arg6 (Root Password = BlahBlah
-- Arg7 (Users org unit) = svcs
-- Arg8 (Groups Org Unit) = rcsc
-- Arg9 (Roles Org Unit) - removed this due to error message while starting up
6. Removed "security-spi-atn.xml" from
"$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/assembly"
7. Installed "JXplorer_LDAP_Browser" LDAP client and was able to
connect and browse around using the credentials specified above
8. Started up tomcat
9. No errors, stack traces, or messages about LDAP were found in
"$CATALINA_HOME/logs/catalina.out"
10. No errors or stack traces were found in
"$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/jetspeed/logs/jetspeed.log"
11. "$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/jetspeed/logs/jetspeed.log" did display
the following message during startup
"2006-03-09 09:33:06,792 [Main Thread] WARN
org.apache.jetspeed.security.spi.impl.ldap.LdapBindingConfig - The
LDAP directory should already be initialized.  If this is not the
case, an exceptionoccured during initialization."
12. With browser, go to "http://~MY_HOST~:8080/jetspeed
13. Fill in Login Portlet with user name = "admin" and password = "BlahBlah"
14. Click Login button
15. "Invalid username" message returned in Login Portlet

So, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
David Malkin

Re: LDAP Help

Posted by david malkin <dm...@gmail.com>.
Aaron

Yes, I see what you mean. The source code for the ring DAOs doesn't
look too bad at all. I should be easy enough to write my own.

Thanks for all of your help.
David Malkin

Re: LDAP Help

Posted by Aaron Evans <aa...@gmail.com>.