Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Joel Uckelman <uc...@ellipsis.cx> on 2006/10/05 09:55:09 UTC

Re: Can batik read PNM, then write to SVG

Thus spake Andreas Neumann:
> Hello,
>
> I don't understand the use case for this.
>
> pnm is a raster format, SVG is a vector format.
>
> Are you looking for a vectorizer? If yes, Batik isn't a vectorizer, but
> there are plenty of vectorizers out there, some open source, some
> commercial - many of them support SVG as an output format.
>
> Andreas

If you want a vectorizer: I've had good luck with potrace, used both
independently and from within Inkscape.

--
J.

Re: Can batik read PNM, then write to SVG

Posted by Gary Liang <fi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks guys. I know potrace and it is a pretty good open source c
vectorizer.
Is there any open java vectorizer around? That will be nice guys. :)