Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Michael Müller <mi...@mueller-bruehl.de> on 2010/03/08 22:13:44 UTC

pdfbox develpment

Hi,

I just started using pdfbox and like to help to develop.
But in project team list neither members nor contributers are listed.
Has development stoped? Is pdfbox dead? :(

Michael

RE: pdfbox develpment

Posted by "Martinez, Mel - 1004 - MITLL" <m....@ll.mit.edu>.
Michael,

A lot of us 'commit' by simply opening issues in the Jira system and posting patches there.  Andreas, Jukka and the other committers do a fine job of harvesting those patches as we get close to releases.

You thus do not need to be a direct svn committer to participate in the development.

Clearly, improving pdfbox documentation would be a prime candidate for someone to tackle.   Just author it and post it thus.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Re: pdfbox develpment

Posted by Michael Müller <mi...@mueller-bruehl.de>.

Re: pdfbox develpment

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Re: pdfbox develpment

Posted by Michael Müller <mi...@mueller-bruehl.de>.
Hmm, I know this. Don't call a hint just to open a pdf a full
documentation! True, it's hard to document. Me too, I prefer coding than
to writing docs...

Michael

Re: pdfbox develpment

Posted by Daniel Wilson <wi...@gmail.com>.
There is the user guide:

Re: pdfbox develpment

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi,

we were looking to start fixing some of the open issues but can instead develop some small tutorials for common tasks like text extraction, forms handling and highlighting.

WDYT

Kind regards

Maruan Sahyoun

Re: pdfbox develpment