Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Chiming Huang <to...@yahoo.com> on 2003/10/31 19:50:37 UTC

question

HI,

How does a brower request the main.jsp if forward to "success" from an action class?  Does it add a http://hostname before the "/main.jsp"?  How does Struts get the hostname information?  Please see the action-mapping below.

Currently I am having problem if users access our logon page by IP address. We could not get the correct session for user info.  For example, http://1.2.3.4/logon.jsp.  But our apache httpd.conf defines the ServerName to  a host name not IP address.  So, after forwarding to the "success", the URL is changed to http://hostname/main.jsp.  Is there a way to work around this?

Thanks,
Chiming

My environment is
Apache 1.3.26
Tomcat 4.1.24
Struts 1.02

<action-mappings>
    <action path="/logon"
        <forward name="success" path="/main.jsp" redirect="true"/>
    </action>
</action-mappings>