Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tom Belmount <to...@hotmail.co.uk> on 2008/12/02 23:01:32 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache + sites loading slow in IE only

Hey guys,Im having a problem where my websites are loading slow in IE only. It started doing this after i made changes to my httpd.conf file. At the same time i also installed eaccelerator.I'm finding it hard to find/fix the problem. Im still very new with this. Not all of the virtual hosts run slow how-ever. Only one of them does. There really isn't much difference between them.Is there any tweaks i can make to my .conf file to fix this? A copy of my .conf file can be found here:http://www.insidiousfix.net/httpd.txtthanks
Rental properties galore. Start searching now.
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eallrealestate%2Eco%2Enz%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Frsearch%3Fa%3Dbhp%26t%3Dren%26cu%3Frsf%3Dmsnz%5Ftextlink&_t=26000&_r=REANZ_tagline&_m=EXT

RE: [users@httpd] Apache + sites loading slow in IE only

Posted by Tom Belmount <to...@hotmail.co.uk>.
Hey EricI changed #Timeout 120#MaxKeepAliveRequests 100#<IfModule prefork.c>#StartServers       8#MinSpareServers    5#MaxSpareServers   20#ServerLimit      256#MaxClients       256#MaxRequestsPerChild  4000#</IfModule>to:Timeout 300MaxKeepAliveRequests 0<IfModule prefork.c>StartServers       30MinSpareServers    5MaxSpareServers   50ServerLimit      2000MaxClients       1800MaxRequestsPerChild 0</IfModule>That was the only changes i did on the httpd.conf file I disabled eaccelerator now i havent seen much difference.
Free Windows Live software. Chat, search, share pics and more
http://get.live.com/

Re: [users@httpd] Apache + sites loading slow in IE only

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Tom Belmount <to...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Im having a problem where my websites are loading slow in IE only. It
> started doing this after i made changes to my httpd.conf file. At the same
> time i also installed eaccelerator.

What did you change?

Have you disabled the eaccelerator?

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: [users@httpd] Apache + sites loading slow in IE only

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Tom Belmount wrote:

> Hey guys, Im having a problem where my websites are loading slow in IE only.

Might IE be the cause then, rather than the effect ?

It started doing this after i made changes to my httpd.conf file.

Such as ? come on, give us a clue ..

At the same time i also installed eaccelerator.

Which is ?  considering the effect you indicate above, you may have been
had..

Not all of the virtual hosts run slow how-ever. Only one of them does.

Should we guess ?

There really isn't much difference between them.

Is there any tweaks i can make to my .conf file to fix this?

You could always try to revert to the situation before the changes..

A copy of my .conf file can be found
here:http://www.insidiousfix.net/httpd.txtthanks

Hmm. No.

Not Found
The requested URL /httpd.txtthanks was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use
an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Seems you have indeed some problems.

;-)