Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2010/02/04 19:03:50 UTC

2.x trunk moved to Axis 1.5.1

As per the previous thread [1] I've just moved the trunk over to Axis2
1.5.1. Main points

binding-ws-runtime-axis2 replaces binding-ws-axis and binding-ws-axis2-policy
    binding-ws-runtime-axis2 is still at v early stages ot refactoring.
    It does enough to get the build passing but less than old modules
    I've left the old module there for reference but not in the build
    Consequently you'll need to manually remote their target
directories to keep OSGi happy

There are manual axis2-kernel and axis2-transport-http manifests
   Solves split package problem using a fragment
   Copies in node-launcher-equinox and distribution
   Copies are different but no good reason - need tidying
   Wanted to use aggregation but the runtime does support it
   Had to fix the bundle pluggin to support these manual files
   bundle plugin now at 1.6-SNAPSHOT (I pushed it out)
   I turn off the snapshot rule in enforcer temporarily to make this work

The whole OSGi bundle loading story needs reviewing. We have to make
it simpler.
Let's start a separate thread for that.

Regards

Simon

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/dev%40tuscany.apache.org/msg11430.html

Re: 2.x trunk moved to Axis 1.5.1

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
yeah, thank you, much appreciated!

simon

Re: 2.x trunk moved to Axis 1.5.1

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
I have checked in a few fixes for the MF and pom.xml to clean that up.

Thanks,
Raymond
Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Re: 2.x trunk moved to Axis 1.5.1

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Cool.

Did you also review the dependencies for Axis2 such as AXIOM, XmlSchema to
make sure we have consistent versions?

Thanks,
Ramyond