Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Markus Goldbach <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/19 16:42:56 UTC

slovene language support

Hi,

I want to setup an solr with support for several languages.
The language list includes slovene, unfortunately I found nothing about it in the wiki.
Has some one experiences with solr 1.4 and slovene?

thanks for help
Markus

Re: slovene language support

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

There is some information here (prototype stemmer) about support in
snowball.
But Martin Porter had some unanswered questions/reservations so nothing ever
got added to snowball:

http://snowball.tartarus.org/archives/snowball-discuss/0725.html
<http://snowball.tartarus.org/archives/snowball-discuss/0725.html>
Of course you could take that stemmer and generate java code with the
snowball code generator and use it, but it seems like it would be best for
those issues to get resolved and get it fixed/included in snowball itself...

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 10:42 AM, Markus Goldbach <markus.goldbach@gmail.com

--
Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com