Posted to notifications@jclouds.apache.org by Timur Alperovich <no...@github.com> on 2015/09/01 20:00:25 UTC

Re: [jclouds] JCLOUDS-217: Allow for strings with % characters in jclouds (#851)

@nacx I looked at all the uses of ```SkipEncoding```.

We have to keep it in Azure BlobStore, as Azure expects its root container to be named ```$root```. Passing ```%24root``` does not work in that case, as the provider does not decode the name.

For GCE, I ran all of the live tests with ```SkipEncoding``` and without it. The same tests fail in both cases (6 of them right now) with the same errors. It seems to me that either we can remove skip encoding OR there are no live tests that verify that it is required.

The ```SkipEncoding``` is also used in Chef, OpenStack Cinder, and Trove, however, I don't have an easy way to run those live tests. I can supply a gist removing it from the API if someone could run the live tests. Let's take this on as a separate PR?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/851#issuecomment-136813022