Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Mark Kerzner <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/14 00:12:52 UTC

Database to use with Hadoop

Hi,
I run Elastic MapReduce. The output of my application is a text file, where
each line is essentially a set of fields. It will fit very nicely into a
simple database, but which database

   1. Is persistent after cluster shutdown;
   2. Can be written to by many reducers?

Amazon SimpleDB could do - but does it work with Hadoop?

Thank you,
Mark

Re: Database to use with Hadoop

Posted by Mark Kerzner <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, all. It looks like SimpleDB may be good enough for my needs. The
forums claim that you can write to it from all reducers at once, being that
it is highly optimized for concurrent access.

Posted by Jeff Hammerbacher <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Mark,

Posted by Amandeep Khurana <am...@gmail.com>.