Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by marlon hendred <mh...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/10 03:39:13 UTC

OpenNLP and Maven/Grails

Hi,

I'm trying to use OpenNLP in a grails project that uses maven for
dependency management. When I use the opennlp-tools dependency I get
the following maven error:

[INFO] Unable to find resource
'org.apache.opennlp:opennlp-tools:bundle:1.5.2-incubating' in
repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

but when I use opennlp-uima its seems to work. I also checked my local
repo and it looks like it did in fact download the opennlp-tools jar
at some point not sure when though.

My question is, what is the difference between the opennlp-uima and
opennlp-tools jars. Is there any reason I would want to use one over
the other? Thanks in advance.

-Marlon

Re: OpenNLP and Maven/Grails

Posted by marlon hendred <mh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Thanks for the responses. I ended up just deploying the jar to my local
repo with

mvn deploy:deploy-file -Dfile=/path/to/opennlp-tools-1.5.2-incubating.jar
-DgroupId=org.apache.opennlp -DartifactId=opennlp-tools
-Dversion=1.5.2-incubating -Dpackaging=jar
-Durl=file:///path/to/my/.m2/repository

I also changed the dependency to

<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.opennlp</groupId>
<artifactId>opennlp-tools</artifactId>
<version>1.5.2-incubating</version>
<type>jar</type>
<scope>compile</scope>
</dependency>

and now I can build my grails app with maven with out the "could not find
bundle" error

Re: OpenNLP and Maven/Grails

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.

Re: OpenNLP and Maven/Grails