Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by David Cypers <dc...@jcs.be> on 2003/06/26 13:56:23 UTC

Can i invoke cocoon from within a swing application

Hi there,

I need to generate PDF and Excel output from within a swing application.
Is this possible with Cocoon, without deploying cocoon on a webserver?
What I mean is that, can I package the cocoon libraries (and
configuration files) with my swing application, and invoke it at the
client side?

with kind regards,
David

Re: Can i invoke cocoon from within a swing application

Posted by Alexander Schatten <al...@gmx.at>.
David Cypers wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I need to generate PDF and Excel output from within a swing
> application. Is this possible with Cocoon, without deploying cocoon on
> a webserver? What I mean is that, can I package the cocoon libraries
> (and configuration files) with my swing application, and invoke it at
> the _client_ side?

currently I can not really see the advantage of this procedure. why not
use xalan, dom4j, fop or other tools directly in the Swing application?
this would be far smoother, no?

Alex

RE: Can i invoke cocoon from within a swing application

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@gmx.net>.
There is a Cocoon bean in Cocoon 2.1dev. Using it should do the job.

Reinhard