Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Steve Varnau <st...@esgyn.com> on 2018/02/15 18:30:39 UTC

Question on integrating Custom service / Management pack

Hi,

I have worked on defining a custom service and the management pack to plug into Ambari. (In this case for Apache Trafodion project.)

It is working pretty well, but I'm confused on how it can handle upgrading the custom service independently of the HDP stack. A given release of trafodion is compatible with multiple versions of HDP (2.3, 2.4, 2.6), so the mgmt pack is configured to say Traf2.1 works with all three, but then Traf2.2 is also compatible with all three HDP.

In Ambari, trying to register a new version of the stack, I try to change only the URL for trafodion, leaving the URLs for HDP and HDP-UTILS the same, but that is not allowed.  So, I'm confused about how Ambari is expecting custom services to be upgraded.

Thanks for any hints/pointers.

--Steve

RE: Question on integrating Custom service / Management pack

Posted by Steve Varnau <st...@esgyn.com>.
Thanks for confirming I was not missing anything.  Will look forward to v3.

-Steve

Posted by Di Li <os...@gmail.com>.
Hello Steve,

From the context of Ambari (express upgrade, rolling upgrade), currently