Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Randall Perry <li...@systame.com> on 2007/06/21 20:50:47 UTC

Blank line in header with sendmail -- headers show is msg body

I recently updated to spamassassin 3.2.0 and sendmail 8.13.8.

Mail originating from the server, or relayed through the server to other
ISPs has an extra blank line added at the end of the 1st X-Spam-Status:
line, causing headers to show in the message body. Here's an example:

    MISSING_HEADERS,MISSING_SUBJECT,TVD_SPACE_RATIO autolearn=no
version=3.2.0

Mail received by the same server for local POP access does not add the
extra line.

Any idea what could cause this?

--
Randall Perry

Re: Blank line in header with sendmail -- headers show is msg body

Posted by Randall Perry <li...@systame.com>.
Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:

> An old version of spamass-milter.

Oops...that was it. Thought I had the latest.

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
Randall Perry wrote:
> I recently updated to spamassassin 3.2.0 and sendmail 8.13.8.
>
> Mail originating from the server, or relayed through the server to other
> ISPs has an extra blank line added at the end of the 1st X-Spam-Status:
> line, causing headers to show in the message body. Here's an example:

>    MISSING_HEADERS,MISSING_SUBJECT,TVD_SPACE_RATIO autolearn=no
> version=3.2.0
>

> Mail received by the same server for local POP access does not add the
> extra line.
>
> Any idea what could cause this?

An old version of spamass-milter.

Daryl