Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de> on 2018/12/29 20:04:33 UTC

Maven Core Release 3.6.1

Hi to all,

I want to cut a Core Release within two weeks (about 14.01.2019) if that
is Ok for everyone? If any objections please raise your hand.

currently I see in the JIRA the following issues open:

MNG-6530[1] which should be part of it (critical!)
MNG-6533[2]
MNG-6538[3] Upgrade to Maven Resolver version 1.3.2 (which is not yet
released; I will take care of that)

Do we have other issue which should be made it into the possible new
release ?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6530
[2]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6533
[3]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6538

Re: Maven Core Release 3.6.1

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il dom 30 dic 2018, 17:15 Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> ha
scritto:

> Any hope https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6543 is included?

+1 for including this one

Enrico

> Romain Manni-Bucau
> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
> <
> >

> Le dim. 30 déc. 2018 à 16:33, Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> a
> écrit :
>
> > here is the status on the Maven core side:
> > - MNG-6059 was implemented, which means the attributes were renamed: see
> > MNG-6059 issue description [1] to get the new child.(x).
> > (y).inherit.append.path names ((x) and (y) were missing in 3.6.0,
> > forgotten by
> > inadvertance...)
> > - MNG-6505 was implemented = inheritance of these attributes
> >
> > on checks when publishing to Central, via Apache repository or via OSSHR,
> > we'll need to check once Maven 3.6.1 is released and work together if you
> > find
> > an issue
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Hervé
> >
> > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6505
> >
> > Le samedi 29 décembre 2018, 22:03:09 CET Mark Raynsford a écrit :

> > that
> > >
> > > One for Hervé: Where did we leave things with MNG-6059? I ran into that
> > > issue a while back where I was unable to deploy to Central with the new
> > > attributes [0]. I've sort of been operating under the vague hope that
> > > 3.6.1 will allow me to both have those attributes inherited across all
> > > my POMs from a single ancestor, and also to deploy those POMs to
> > > Central. I'm fairly sure I tested a post-3.6.0 snapshot to verify that
> > > the attributes were inherited (they weren't in 3.6.0), but my memory is
> > > failing me...
> > >
> > > [0] http://blog.io7m.com/2018/11/01/you-cannot-put-that-there.xhtml

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: Maven Core Release 3.6.1

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven Core Release 3.6.1

Posted by Mark Raynsford <or...@io7m.com.INVALID>.
On 2018-12-30T16:24:50 +0100
Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> wrote:

> here is the status on the Maven core side:
> - MNG-6059 was implemented, which means the attributes were renamed: see
> MNG-6059 issue description [1] to get the new child.(x).
> (y).inherit.append.path names ((x) and (y) were missing in 3.6.0, forgotten by
> inadvertance...)
> - MNG-6505 was implemented = inheritance of these attributes
>
> on checks when publishing to Central, via Apache repository or via OSSHR,
> we'll need to check once Maven 3.6.1 is released and work together if you find
> an issue

Sounds good, thanks!

I'm looking forward to testing 3.6.1.

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com

Re: Maven Core Release 3.6.1

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Re: Maven Core Release 3.6.1

Posted by Mark Raynsford <or...@io7m.com.INVALID>.
On 2018-12-29T21:04:33 +0100

Re: Maven Core Release 3.6.1

Posted by Sylwester Lachiewicz <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Karl,
I would like to include more [1[ in 3.6.1
MNG-6543, MNG-6522, MNG-6520, MNG-6506, MNG-6294, MNG-6071, MNG-6069,
MNG-5995, MNG-5693

please review and approve before I can merge.

BR
Sylwester

[1]
https://jira.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20MNG%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%203.6.1