Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Kees Vonk 7249 24549 <KE...@BGTRANSCO.CO.UK> on 2000/06/01 17:16:34 UTC

Apache::PerlVINC again

The following works on Apache/1.3.6 (Unix) mod_perl/1.21
mod_ssl/2.3.5 OpenSSL/0.9.3a

But when running on Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) mod_perl/1.21
mod_ssl/2.4.8 OpenSSL/0.9.4, I get the following problem
which _appears_ (I am not 100% sure) to be caused by
Apache::PerlVINC. I have the following section in my
httpd.conf

<Perl>
delete $INC{'Apache/PerlVINC.pm'};
require Apache::PerlVINC;
</Perl>

#<VirtualHost _default_:8444>
   DocumentRoot /opt/ward/DocumentRoot

   SetEnv IDVENV Production

   Alias /idv/ "/opt/ward/IDV/PROD/Scripts/"
   <Directory /opt/ward/IDV/PROD/Scripts>
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all

      DefaultType text/html

      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlHandler Apache::Registry

#      PerlVersionINC On
#      PerlINC /opt/ward/IDV/PROD/Modules
#      PerlFixupHandler Apache::PerlVINC
#      PerlRequire Ward/IDV/IDVDatabase.pm
   </Directory>

# [ snipped some more Aliases ]

   <IfDefine SSL>
      SSLEngine on

# [ line 271 ]
      SSLCertificateFile    /opt/ward/apache/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt
      SSLCertificateKeyFile /opt/ward/apache/conf/ssl.key/server.key

      SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown
   </IfDefine>
#</VirtualHost>

As it stands it apache starts and things seem to work as expected.

The moment I uncomment the PerlVINC lines (or even just the first one)
apache fails to start without any error message (STDOUT or logs (LogLevel
debug)) or core file.

If I uncomment the VirtualHost tags I get the following error message in
the logs:
Syntax error on line 271 of /opt/ward/apache/conf/httpd.conf.idv:
SSLCertificateFile: only up to 2 different certificates per virtual host
allowed

Does Apache::PerlVINC interfer in anyway with mod_ssl ???. I don't
understand what is going on here.

Kees

Re: Apache::PerlVINC again

Posted by Kees Vonk 7249 24549 <KE...@BGTRANSCO.CO.UK>.
Doug MacEachern wrote:

> > The following works on Apache/1.3.6 (Unix) mod_perl/1.21
> > mod_ssl/2.3.5 OpenSSL/0.9.3a
> >
> > But when running on Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) mod_perl/1.21
> > mod_ssl/2.4.8 OpenSSL/0.9.4, I get the following problem
> > which _appears_ (I am not 100% sure) to be caused by
> > Apache::PerlVINC. I have the following section in my
> > httpd.conf
> > The moment I uncomment the PerlVINC lines (or even just the first one)
> > apache fails to start without any error message (STDOUT or logs
> > (LogLevel
> > debug)) or core file.
>
> you'll need to try this:

[ ... snip ...]

> try this:
>
> % gdb httpd
> (gdb) b exit
> (gdb) run -X
>
> whether it core dumps or exit() is called, post the output of:
>
> (gdb) bt

Sorry about the delay, I have been side tracted with some other stuff, here
is the requested output:

% gdb httpd
GNU gdb 4.18
are
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "hppa2.0-hp-hpux10.20"...
(gdb) b exit
Breakpoint 1 at 0x3ec34
(gdb) run -X -DSSL -f /opt/ward/apache/conf/httpd_idv_virt_host_test.conf
Starting program: /opt/ward/apache/bin/httpd -X -DSSL -f
/opt/ward/apache/conf/httpd_idv_virt_host_test.conf
warning: Unable to find __d_pid symbol in object file.
warning: Suggest linking with /opt/langtools/lib/end.o.
warning: GDB will be unable to track shl_load/shl_unload calls
Breakpoint 1 at 0x7af47dd4
Perl default module loading beginning...
Perl default module loading complete.
[New process 21404]
Detaching after fork from process 21404

Breakpoint 1, 0x7af47dd4 in exit () from /usr/lib/libc.1
(gdb) bt
#0  0x7af47dd4 in exit () from /usr/lib/libc.1
#1  0x89e9c in ap_process_resource_config ()
#2  0x8aaa4 in ap_read_config ()
#3  0x99de0 in standalone_main ()
#4  0x9acb4 in main ()
(gdb)

I hope this is helpfull, it would be good if I could get this resolved.

Kees Vonk

Re: Apache::PerlVINC again

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Kees Vonk 7249 24549 wrote:

> The following works on Apache/1.3.6 (Unix) mod_perl/1.21
> mod_ssl/2.3.5 OpenSSL/0.9.3a
>
> But when running on Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) mod_perl/1.21
> mod_ssl/2.4.8 OpenSSL/0.9.4, I get the following problem
> which _appears_ (I am not 100% sure) to be caused by
> Apache::PerlVINC. I have the following section in my
> httpd.conf
> The moment I uncomment the PerlVINC lines (or even just the first one)
> apache fails to start without any error message (STDOUT or logs (LogLevel
> debug)) or core file.

you'll need to try this:

Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 12:13:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>