Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net> on 2005/09/06 04:23:08 UTC

[RT] Replace excalibur-io with commons-io

Hi:

Recently on excalibur dev I found that most (if not all) the code in
excalibur-io was moved to commons-io:

http://www.mail-archive.com/dev%40excalibur.apache.org/msg01599.html

Cocoon 2.1.x has only 3 references to exclaibur-io. They can be easily
switched to commons-io.
Some other goodies:

1-Some of the methods in o.a.c.utils can be switched to commons-io
2-Lenya distribute commons-io as an additional jar.

WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: [RT] Replace excalibur-io with commons-io

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@d-haven.org>.
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> On 06.09.2005, at 04:23, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>> Hi:
>>
>> Recently on excalibur dev I found that most (if not all) the code  in
>> excalibur-io was moved to commons-io:
>>
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/dev%40excalibur.apache.org/msg01599.html
>>
>> Cocoon 2.1.x has only 3 references to exclaibur-io. They can be
>> easily switched to commons-io.
>> Some other goodies:
>>
>> 1-Some of the methods in o.a.c.utils can be switched to commons-io
>> 2-Lenya distribute commons-io as an additional jar.
>>
>> WDYT?
>

> Sounds like a good idea ...IMO
>
> +1

That was the intent--all of excalibur-io is included in commons-io now

Re: [RT] Replace excalibur-io with commons-io

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
On 06.09.2005, at 04:23, Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Recently on excalibur dev I found that most (if not all) the code
> in excalibur-io was moved to commons-io:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/dev%40excalibur.apache.org/msg01599.html
>
> Cocoon 2.1.x has only 3 references to exclaibur-io. They can be
> easily switched to commons-io.
> Some other goodies:
>
> 1-Some of the methods in o.a.c.utils can be switched to commons-io
> 2-Lenya distribute commons-io as an additional jar.
>
> WDYT?

Sounds like a good idea ...IMO

+1

cheers