Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Dima Nechitaylenko <ad...@wdcb.ru> on 2000/07/19 23:43:07 UTC

Sorry, bug tracking again (not bugzilla related)

Hello,

I was going to bring up the subject of bug tracking software once
again from a new point of view. I've read a lively discussion of
the topic of bugzilla security and in this respect I want to turn
my question into a suggestion as well.

See, I was installing a package called BugRat,
http://www.gjt.org/pkg/bugrat/
and had problems with org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver class under tomcat.
Now, I wanted to ask everybody if they had ever tried bugrat, but,
I understand I first have to introduce this Java/MySQL bug tracking
tool to those of you, who talk only about one cgd-based tool and
another non-existent yet. Go check it out, I know it works fine
with JServ, but I need to start it under tomcat and I want help in
this.

Thanks for your time.

take care,
Dima

Re: Sorry, bug tracking again (not bugzilla related)

Posted by Dima Nechitaylenko <ad...@wdcb.ru>.
Hello, Paul.

> Recently  I had tried to install jCVSlet, the servlet supposed to
> present in HTML the code and structure present under a CVS repository.
> These are the same author(s) as BugRat.

Yes, I know of jCVS and jCVSlet may still be in store for me in the near
future :)

> Turned out the only way I could install it was under the ROOT (or
> whatever "/" content-path webapp). This is not too hard and actually
> allows links to be served in an absolute fashion as opposed to a
> relative one.

Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to do it right now, I'm sorry I just
didn't quite came around to work on it and reply to you.
I'll let you know how it worked for me soon.

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@ags.uni-sb.de>.
Dima,

Recently  I had tried to install jCVSlet, the servlet supposed to
present in HTML the code and structure present under a CVS repository.
These are the same author(s) as BugRat.

Turned out the only way I could install it was under the ROOT (or
whatever "/" content-path webapp). This is not too hard and actually
allows links to be served in an absolute fashion as opposed to a
relative one.

I really think this can fix half of your stuffs.

Paul

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 7/19/2000 2:43 PM, "Dima Nechitaylenko" <ad...@wdcb.ru> wrote:

> Now, I wanted to ask everybody if they had ever tried bugrat, but,
> I understand I first have to introduce this Java/MySQL bug tracking
> tool to those of you, who talk only about one cgd-based tool and
> another non-existent yet.

Yes, I have already evaluated it and given my feedback to Tim Endres. He and
I both agree that Scarab is the more complete solution and bugrat is aimed
at a smaller type of audience. The code is also kind of gross from a
re-usability view.

-jon