Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Exal de Jesus Garcia Carrillo <ex...@gnu.org> on 2006/12/28 01:59:13 UTC

Hi, help with spamc and sa-learn

Re: Hi, help with spamc and sa-learn

Posted by maillist <ma...@emailacs.com>.
Exal de Jesus Garcia Carrillo wrote:

To begin with, you are looking in the wrong man pages.  You should look
in the man pages for sa-learn.  There's a lot there, and it's all pretty
important that you fully understand it, and feel comfortable with it,
it's not hard

 It all depends on what format your in-box is using.  If it is mbox
format (Mostly used I believe), then the proper way to run sa-learn to
learn spam is to first of all, get all of your spam messages into one
single file, mbox style.  Lets pretend that the file you end up with is
named /var/spool/mail/spam.  In that case, you would run:

sa-learn --spam --mbox /var/spool/mail/spam

If you want to learn ham (good email), and you have a file in that same
directory called "ham", then run:

sa-learn --ham --mbox /var/spool/mail/ham.

-=Aubrey=-