Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Christian Edward Gruber <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/16 18:20:22 UTC

More stupid Javassist woes...

... so I upgraded us to a patched 3.12.0.GA of javassist and that
cured all sorts of woes with our local Google AppEngine development
appserver and tapestry...

... until I tried to run code-coverage stats.  Apparently our code-
coverage system at Google conflicts somehow with what javassist is
doing, and I get test failure when running instrumented code, but it's
fine when running uninstrumented code. <sigh>

This isn't a show-stopper, but it's damned annoying.  Anyway, the
sooner Javassist can be ripped out, the better, in my opinion.

cheers,
Christian.

Re: More stupid Javassist woes...

Posted by Christian Edward Gruber <ch...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, but they're sealed and they require Larry and Sergei (or Eric)
to give you the auth token. :(

Christian.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

<ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ahahahah.  I wish I had that kind of pull/budget.
>
> Christian.
>
> On Jul 16, 2010, at 12:27 PM, Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
>
>> I wonder if there's a big organization with deep pockets that would
>> like to fund that effort? :-)
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 9:20 AM, Christian Edward Gruber
>> <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> ... so I upgraded us to a patched 3.12.0.GA of javassist and that cured
>>> all
>>> sorts of woes with our local Google AppEngine development appserver and
>>> tapestry...
>>>
>>> ... until I tried to run code-coverage stats.  Apparently our
>>> code-coverage
>>> system at Google conflicts somehow with what javassist is doing, and I
>>> get
>>> test failure when running instrumented code, but it's fine when running
>>> uninstrumented code. <sigh>
>>>
>>> This isn't a show-stopper, but it's damned annoying.  Anyway, the sooner
>>> Javassist can be ripped out, the better, in my opinion.
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>> Christian.

>> --
>> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>>
>> Creator of Apache Tapestry

>> (971) 678-5210
>> http://howardlewisship.com

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: More stupid Javassist woes...

Posted by Christian Edward Gruber <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

<ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... so I upgraded us to a patched 3.12.0.GA of javassist and that cured all
> sorts of woes with our local Google AppEngine development appserver and
> tapestry...
>
> ... until I tried to run code-coverage stats.  Apparently our code-coverage
> system at Google conflicts somehow with what javassist is doing, and I get
> test failure when running instrumented code, but it's fine when running
> uninstrumented code. <sigh>
>
> This isn't a show-stopper, but it's damned annoying.  Anyway, the sooner
> Javassist can be ripped out, the better, in my opinion.
>
> cheers,
> Christian.

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: More stupid Javassist woes...

Posted by Christian Edward Gruber <ch...@gmail.com>.
Another googler supplied it, and I think he's posting it to
javassist.  I can dig it out... attached.  It's like a four line
patch. 3.12.0.GA didn't affect tapestry, it affected some other unit
testing tool used by another team.  Here's the patch that fixed it.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 13:20:22 -0300, Christian Edward Gruber
<ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ... so I upgraded us to a patched 3.12.0.GA of javassist and that cured
> all sorts of woes with our local Google AppEngine development appserver
> and tapestry...

Have you wrote the patch yourself or got it somewhere else? Could you
share it with us?

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor