Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by "Clarke, Trevor" <tc...@ball.com> on 2016/07/13 14:18:42 UTC

mesos/dcos user issue?

I've got an image with a local user and a 'USER myuser' statement in the Dockerfile. When I try and run a container in mesos (we're using DC/OS but I think it's mesos related as we're not calling via marathon, etc. it's from a custom framework) I need "Failed to get user information for 'myuser'" unless I either remove the "USER" statement or add the user locally on the mesos agent machines. I still see a similar issue if I use "USER 4567" with a UID instead of username. Any idea what might be causing this?

----------------------
Trevor R.H. Clarke
Software Engineer, Ball Aerospace
(937)320-7087

RE: mesos/dcos user issue?

Posted by "Clarke, Trevor" <tc...@ball.com>.
That’s not entirely true. “USER 4567” without an entry for the uid in /etc/password works just fine when I run the docker image. My problem is that regardless of the existence of the user in the container, mesos/dcos seem to be complaining when the user doesn’t exist on the host system.

----------------------
Trevor R.H. Clarke
Software Engineer, Ball Aerospace
(937)320-7087

> either remove the "USER" statement or add the user locally on the mesos agent machines
You can't run as a user that doesn't exist :)

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 7:18 AM, Clarke, Trevor <tc...@ball.com>> wrote:
I've got an image with a local user and a 'USER myuser' statement in the Dockerfile. When I try and run a container in mesos (we're using DC/OS but I think it's mesos related as we're not calling via marathon, etc. it's from a custom framework) I need "Failed to get user information for 'myuser'" unless I either remove the "USER" statement or add the user locally on the mesos agent machines. I still see a similar issue if I use "USER 4567" with a UID instead of username. Any idea what might be causing this?

Trevor R.H. Clarke
Software Engineer, Ball Aerospace
(937)320-7087<tel:%28937%29320-7087>

Re: mesos/dcos user issue?