Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mike Power <mp...@dodtsair.com> on 2012/02/15 07:38:53 UTC

maven version range resolves to SNAPSHOT

I was trying out maven version ranges in a sandbox project.  According
to the documentation I found at
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Dependency+Mediation+and+Conflict+Resolution#DependencyMediationandConflictResolution-DependencyVersionRanges

It says "Resolution of dependency ranges should not resolve to a
snapshot (development version) unless it is included as an explicit
boundary"  I assume what this means is that the following version would
resolve to a snapshot:
<version>[1.0.0-SNAPSHOT,2.0.0-SNAPSHOT)</version>
and that this version would not resolve to a SNAPSHOT:
<version>[1.0.0,2.0.0)</version>

However when I list out the dependency in a test I get the following
when using <version>[1.0.0,2.0.0)</version>
1 [main] INFO com.sample.unreliable.Unreliable -
jar:file:/home/mpower/Workspace/continuous-quality/unreliable/target/unreliable-1.9.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!/version.properties

It used a SNAPSHOT version even though my version specification contains
no mention of SNAPSHOT.

mvn -version
Apache Maven 2.2.1 (rdebian-6)
Java version: 1.6.0_23
Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre
OS name: "linux" version: "3.0.0-15-generic" arch: "amd64" Family: "unix"

Re: maven version range resolves to SNAPSHOT

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> It used a SNAPSHOT version even though my version specification contains no
> mention of SNAPSHOT.
>
> mvn -version
> Apache Maven 2.2.1 (rdebian-6)

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3092