Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Nick Heudecker <nh...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/01 23:17:53 UTC

OT: Job Posting - Contractor in the Bay Area

 A profitable start-up in the cable advertising space is looking to expand
its development team to include another well-rounded developer.  The
position is contract to start and may become full-time.  I've detailed some
of what we're looking for below and if you think you're a good fit, you're
welcome to send over your resume.

Personal Requirements:

   - Must be a US citizen.
   - Reside in the Bay Area and able to commute to the office at least 4
   days a week.
   - Accustomed to working with a small, distributed team and collaborating
   over email, Skype and IM.  Obviously, you need to be able to produce with
   little supervision.
   - Innovative thinker and a fast coder.  We're constantly working to set
   the tempo in our product space.  You'll need to help develop solutions to
   problems and implement them quickly.
   - Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.

Experience and Technical Requirements:

   - Ideally you've worked on several different types of products with
   varying teams.  Our product space is highly dynamic and a diverse experience
   base will help you succeed.
   - Must be a Java expert with at least 5 years of experience.  Experience
   with some or all of the following is required: Hibernate, Spring, web
   frameworks (GWT, Wicket), and XML technologies (SOAP, SOA, XSD, WSDL, etc).
   Experience with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL and a firm
   grasp of SQL.
   - Additionally, you must be familiar with development tools such as
   Maven, IDEA/Eclipse, unit testing, Subversion, among others.
   - Experience with non-relational data stores, caching and producing
   highly available applications is also desirable.