Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org> on 2013/09/09 21:54:41 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1521243 - in /openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/xx/product: calc.mdtext draw.mdtext impress.mdtext math.mdtext writer.mdtext

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 4:00 PM,  <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: robweir
> Date: Mon Sep  9 19:00:23 2013
> New Revision: 1521243

> Log:
> Pull images from /product rather than from /xx/product

The idea of having the product images in /${lang}/product is to
provide a localized version of the application screen-shots, something
logical and understandable if you are translating the site (note that
the image for the icons are not supposed to be localized, so they are
taken from /product).

The original application screen-shots should be first updated (they
are too old), and provide the documents for the localized version.

Regards

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 3:54 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile
<ar...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 4:00 PM,  <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Author: robweir
>> Date: Mon Sep  9 19:00:23 2013
>> New Revision: 1521243

>> Log:
>> Pull images from /product rather than from /xx/product
>
> The idea of having the product images in /${lang}/product is to
> provide a localized version of the application screen-shots, something
> logical and understandable if you are translating the site (note that
> the image for the icons are not supposed to be localized, so they are
> taken from /product).

I wondered if that might be the case.  But the screen shots that are
given as so small that you can't read the text at all.  It could be
Chinese as far as I can tell.

And the fact is that no one has updated these images for AOO 3.4.0,
3.4.1 or 4.0.0, even where the website was translated, such as the /es
site.

> The original application screen-shots should be first updated (they
> are too old), and provide the documents for the localized version.

If we had the original documents, then that could work well.  These
documents could then be translated and new screenshots taken.

-Rob