Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Marc Luce <ma...@blackbird.net> on 2002/04/11 15:58:09 UTC

Installer

I am using Ant to package and distribute our Java application.
Unfortunately, we have to set some register settings on the customer's
machine (to use COM components).  We have been using InstallShield to do
this.  Is there any Ant task that integrates with InstallShield or a similar
product?

Thanks
Marc

Re: Installer

Posted by Al Koscielny <al...@nc.rr.com>.
On Thursday 11 April 2002 09:58 am, you wrote:
> I am using Ant to package and distribute our Java application.
> Unfortunately, we have to set some register settings on the customer's
> machine (to use COM components).  We have been using InstallShield to do
> this.  Is there any Ant task that integrates with InstallShield or a
> similar product?

Which flavor of InstallShield?  InstallShield MultiPlatform (ISMP) is Java
based and has an XML project file.  You could build the installation package
for ISMP with a java task.

--
Al Koscielny
alko@nc.rr.com

Re: Installer

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Posted by "Bob Hays, Computer Geek" <el...@telocity.com>.
Why not build a .reg file (check one out - its flat text thank god for small
favors) and execute it?

Thanks and have fun! - Bob

--
Bob Hays                           "Discipline is never an end in
135 S. LaSalle                      itself, only a means to an end."
MS 3010                            -- King Crimson
Chicago, IL  60602                 "Whoever flees history will be
(312) 904-4668 (V)                  pursued by history."
(312) 904-0322 (F)                 -- Janusz Korczak
electricbob@telocity.com           "Faster! Faster! Until the thrill
http://alephnaught.net              of speed overcomes the fear of
                                    death."
"Nothing great was ever achieved   -- Hunter S. Thompson
 without enthusiasm."              "Security is very frequently the
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson              commencement of calamity."
"A common mistake that people       -- Paterculus
 make when trying to design        "Problems cannot be solved at the
 something foolproof is to          same level of awareness that
 underestimate the ingenuity        created them."
 of complete fools."               -- Albert Einstein
-- Douglas Adams                   "People will work for money, but
                                    they'll give a piece of their
                                    lives for meaning."
                                   -- Schwab's Dawn Lapore
                                   "Creativity is allowing oneself to
                                    make mistakes. Art is knowing which
                                    ones to keep."
                                   -- Scott Adams
                                   "The surest way to corrupt a youth
                                    is to instruct him to hold in higher
                                    regard those who think alike than
                                    those who think differently."
                                   -- Nietzche

Re: Installer

Posted by Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com>.
--- Marc Luce <ma...@blackbird.net> wrote:
> Is there any Ant task that integrates with InstallShield or a
> similar product?

I think most people just use the <java> task.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)