Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Apache Harmony Build <no...@hursley.ibm.com> on 2006/03/19 21:03:13 UTC

[continuum] BUILD ERROR: Classlib/linux.ia32

Online report : http://ibmonly.hursley.ibm.com/continuum/linux.ia32/servlet/continuum/target/ProjectBuild.vm/view/ProjectBuild/id/1/buildId/276
Build statistics:
  State: Error
  Previous State: Ok
  Started at: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 20:00:00 +0000
  Finished at: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 20:03:11 +0000
  Total time: 3m 11s
  Build Trigger: Schedule
  Exit code: 0
  Building machine hostname: hy2
  Operating system : Linux
  Java version : 1.4.2(IBM Corporation)

Changes
      No files changed

Build Error:
Provider message: The svn command failed.
Command output:
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk'
svn: PROPFIND of '/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk': could not connect to server (https://svn.apache.org)

Re: [continuum] BUILD ERROR: Classlib/linux.ia32

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Richard Liang wrote:
> Hello Tim,
>
> Then we have two "connection" problems. :-)
>
> 1. As Geir said, he cannot connect to the "Online report" link in the
> email
> "http://ibmonly.hursley.ibm.com/continuum/linux.ia32/servlet/continuum/target/ProjectBuild.vm/view/ProjectBuild/id/1/buildId/276"

This is expected.  If we can move the build scripts onto Apache machines
then these links can be made usable, but while the scripts are running
on IBM machines the online reports will remain behind the firewall.

> Answer: This "Online report" is just a duplication of the mail content.
>
> 2. Another problem is: Our build server cannot connect to
> "https://svn.apache.org"
>
> Maybe it's temporarily network/performance issue. :-)

I think so, looking at the ASF machine status page the minotaur machine
has not been up long.

I'll manually kick the build machine now to see if it recovers.  Like I
said before, if this access problem recurs frequently then we should
consider fixing the build process to avoid the notifications noise.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.

Re: [continuum] BUILD ERROR: Classlib/linux.ia32

Posted by Richard Liang <ri...@gmail.com>.
Tim Ellison wrote:
> Richard Liang wrote:
>
>> Hello Tim,
>>
>> Not sure if we could attach the build report in email directly. Any
>> comments? :-)
>>

> The report *is* in the email; the problem was:
>     "...could not connect to server (https://svn.apache.org)"
>
> The build machine sends notification on each state change (i.e. from
> working to broken, and from broken to working).
>
> I don't know why the build machine is having problems reaching SVN.
> Looking at earlier builds this seems like a recent phenomenon, but if it
> continues we may need to reduce the noise.
>
> Regards,
> Tim

Hello Tim,

Then we have two "connection" problems. :-)

1. As Geir said, he cannot connect to the "Online report" link in the
email
"http://ibmonly.hursley.ibm.com/continuum/linux.ia32/servlet/continuum/target/ProjectBuild.vm/view/ProjectBuild/id/1/buildId/276"
Answer: This "Online report" is just a duplication of the mail content.

2. Another problem is: Our build server cannot connect to
"https://svn.apache.org"

Maybe it's temporarily network/performance issue. :-)

--
Richard Liang
China Software Development Lab, IBM

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
nope! sunstarsys.com is not me...

-- dims

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
There are actually no moderation duties, because all posts must come
from subscribers.

geir

Re: Volunteers for mailing list moderation

Posted by Richard Liang <ri...@gmail.com>.
Upayavira wrote:
> Leo Simons wrote:
>
>> Anyone can be a moderator. Currently it is
>>
>>  moderator at sunstarsys.com (I suspect dims)
>>  geirm at apache.org (geir)
>>
>> for both the commits and dev lists. These guys both do an amazing amount of
>> mailing list moderation (which is a boooooring job) and if there's anyone willing
>> to be added to this list I'm sure they wouldn't mind, just raise your hand :-)
>>

> Actually, the sunstarsys is purely for spam monitoring purposes, so
> seems like more moderators would be a good idea ;-)
>
> Regards, Upayavira

If we need more, I'd like to be another moderators.  Also I do not know
what we shall exactly do. ;-)

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.

RE: Volunteers for mailing list moderation (was: [continuum] BUILD ERROR: Classlib/linux.ia32)

Posted by Sanket Sharma <sa...@zensar.com>.
Hmmmm...I would like to take that job..What do I have to do?

Regards,
Sanket

--

Leo

This email may contain confidential or privileged information for the
intended recipient(s) and the views expressed in the same are not
necessarily the views of Zensar Technologies Ltd. If you are not the intended
recipient or have received this e-mail by error, its use is strictly
prohibited, please delete the e-mail and notify the sender. Zensar
Technologies Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.

Re: Volunteers for mailing list moderation

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

> Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
>>

>> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>>> no, wait, having *one* moderator for a mail list is a bad idea, no
>>> matter what. I pretty strongly suggest to add a few more if there are
>>> volunteers.
>>
>> -ppmc is not configured the same as -dev, and has multiple moderators.
>> -dev is special because of the onslaught that we were expecting.  it's
>> worked very well so far.
>
> Just to be clear what "it's worked very well so far" means...
>
> We have our -dev list configured in a way that requires no human
> moderation for two reasons :
>
> 1) We wanted to shield ourselves from the initial onslaught of "I like
> Java!  I want to help!" messages that a high-profile project like this
> would attract, which give the moderators for Geronimo (myself included)
> at the start an awful lot of work.  By forcing everyone who wants to
> submit to actually subscribe, we ensure that people have thought about
> their interest, and it isn't just a "throwaway".
>
> 2) We want to ensure that anyone who posts to the list understands the
> terms under which they are posting, and asking people to subscribe does
> that.
>
> Having me listed as moderator for -dev is really only a "canary in the
> mine" - if something changes in how the mail list is configured, a human
> (me in this case) will possibly receive a mail, and will hopefully cause
> me to scratch my head and wonder why....
>
> I'll change that to -ppmc now so in the event of a problem, the entire
> ppmc sees it...

awesome, thanks a lot.

--
Stefano.

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 08:04:34AM -0500, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> It's not a moderator issue, Leo.  We actually have zero moderation
> requirements for the Harmony lists because we set things up to require
> people to subscribe in order to post.

Oh. Kewl. Nevermind me then. I do hope we don't have that set up for PPMC -
PPMCs need to be reachable 'n stuff.

> This is  doing a special "allow" to let a stream of mail come w/o having
> to be subscribed - i.e. a bot like this for which the subscription would
> make no sense.

Okidoki. For future reference everyone, in the unlikely event Geir is ever
AWOL, the people that can do this are reachable at apmail at apache dot org.
IIRC dims and me are the other apmailers around here.

> I've removed allowing nomail@hursley.ibm.com to go to -dev, and it now
> is free to go to -commits

Good stuff!

Re: Volunteers for mailing list moderation

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
can we test so we know all is well?

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.

--

Leo

Re: [continuum] BUILD ERROR: Classlib/linux.ia32

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com>.
On 3/20/06, Tim Ellison wrote:

> Richard Liang wrote:
> > Hello Tim,
> >
> > Not sure if we could attach the build report in email directly. Any
> > comments? :-)
>
> The report *is* in the email; the problem was:
>    "...could not connect to server (https://svn.apache.org)"
>
> The build machine sends notification on each state change (i.e. from
> working to broken, and from broken to working).

May be it makes sense to send notifications to commits mailing list like for
JIRA notifications?

Thanks,
Stepan.

I don't know why the build machine is having problems reaching SVN.
> Looking at earlier builds this seems like a recent phenomenon, but if it
> continues we may need to reduce the noise.
>
> Regards,
> Tim
>
> --
>
> Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
> IBM Java technology centre, UK.

Stepan Mishura
Intel Middleware Products Division

Re: [continuum] BUILD ERROR: Classlib/linux.ia32

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Richard Liang <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.