Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@io.com> on 1997/10/18 08:33:15 UTC

The beginnings of a libap setup

I started playing with adding a libap to the Apache compilation
process a few hours ago. I now have a basic structure in place for how
libap will work, and have moved ap_signal into libap. With these basic
changes, the root-level make now completes (and runs, AFAICT). I've
attached the patch below. To save a little trouble of wading thorugh
the source, here's the gist of the changes to the structure:

* new libap directory, containing source files, Makefile, and libap.h

* -Ilibap (and all associated ".."'s) is added to every CFLAGS
  whereever -Imain is present

* httpd.h includes libap.h for now, since I figure all modules will
  eventually use something from libap.

* ap_signal has been moved

Stuff still to do:

* Test more, of course

* Add more functions based on time constraints, interest for move
  libap functions, and interest for putting this in 1.3b3 dictates

* Fix some dependancies (right now, "make support" will fail unless
  "make src" has been done first.

Comments? I'm posting at this point mainly to solve the "make support"
problem now pending and to learn about anything I might be screwing up
before I get deep into moving stuff around.

"I am the key on the sardine can of justice!" - Darkwing Duck

Re: The beginnings of a libap setup

Posted by Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@io.com>.
Well, for now, I have to ask that you don't include my libap patches.
I've just reread my Intellectual Property agreement with IBM (my
employer) again, and I missed a few things the last time I read it,
including an "or" where I though there was an "and." Hence, that patch
may belong to IBM.

I don't really think it would be a problem including it anyway, and
I'm trying to find out for sure. However, I don't want anything to get
screwed up if some IBM lawyer is in a bad mood, so it's probably best
to not include it.

Ugggh. Sorry for the trouble.

"Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from a Perl
script." -- _Programming Perl_, 2nd ed.

Re: The beginnings of a libap setup

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
+1

Oh note that #include "../main/md5.h" or whatever in htdigest.c isn't
needed -- well it can be replaced by just "md5.h" since -I../main is in
the includes now.

Dean