Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Jonathan Hodges <ho...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/06 23:42:36 UTC

HA Oozie Setup

Hi Oozie Experts,

Does Oozie 4.0.1 support the HA setup described in CDH5 (
http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2014/03/inside-apache-oozie-ha/)?

When I attempt to configure the Zookeeper distributed locks I get a
classnotfound exception.

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.oozie.service.ZKLocksService
        at
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClasses(Configuration.java:846)
        at org.apache.oozie.service.Services.loadServices(Services.java:272)
        ... 26 more

Should I take a build from trunk instead or is this feature not committed
back to Apache yet?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Re: HA Oozie Setup

Posted by Mona Chitnis <ch...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Only OOZIE-615 patch will not be enough. If you click on the ³Component¹s
: HA² link under the JIRA details, you will get a list of all the patches
required for HA. While some of them might not be crucial e.g. HCatalog and
SLA related, they might be required to get a smooth setup.

So take a look at the list. I¹d encourage you to go ahead and try but it
is in alpha and we are currently in the process of extensive testing on it.

Re: HA Oozie Setup

Posted by Jonathan Hodges <ho...@gmail.com>.