Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Steve Slatcher <St...@scientia.com> on 2000/09/26 18:22:39 UTC

No Serializer found

Hi all

Having got the samples to work, I am now trying to write and deploy get my own service,
and get the following error.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No Serializer found to serialize a 'org.w3c.dom.Element'
using encoding style 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'

My server method does indeed try to return an Element, and I can well believe that a
serializer needs to be defined for it.  But where?  I note from the adressbook deployment
descriptor file that a couple of serializers are defined, but not for org.w3c.dom.Element.
Nevertherless it seems to successfully return Elements.

Many thanks

===
Steve Slatcher