Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org> on 2016/07/01 17:19:08 UTC

[NOTICE] Community vote to graduate Apache Kudu

A graduation vote has been started for Apache Kudu

-Jake

Graduation vote: https://s.apache.org/5hpx
Project status page: http://incubator.apache.org/projects/kudu.html
Graduation discussion: https://s.apache.org/T8Uj

Re: [NOTICE] Community vote to graduate Apache Kudu

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 10:35 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 10:26 AM, Todd Lipcon <to...@apache.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 10:22 AM, John D. Ament <jo...@apache.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Is the status page accurate? Only one added committer and no releases
> while
> >> under incubation?
> >>

> > Yes, just one added committer so far.
> >
> > We've had five releases during incubation (3 minor releases with new
> > features, and two bug-fix releases). You can find the links at
> > http://kudu.incubator.apache.org/releases/
> >
> > I wasn't aware that they should be listed on the status page. Where do
> they
> > go? I'll update the page.
>
> You can just put them in the news section (with dates) -- that's what
> I've seen with most
> other podlings I've evaluated.

OK, just added them.

> Also, Todd, could you please provide a breakdown of composition of the
> proposed
> PMC re: who's on it is an existing ASF member?

Sure. 6 of the proposed PMC are members:

  * Adar Dembo <ad...@apache.org>
  * Binglin Chang <bc...@apache.org>
  * Chris Mattman <ma...@apache.org>   <MEMBER>
  * Dan Burkert <da...@apache.org>
  * David Alves <dr...@apache.org>
  * Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>    <MEMBER>
  * Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org> <MEMBER>
  * Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>
  * Julien Le Dem <ju...@apache.org>  <MEMBER>
  * Michael Stack <st...@apache.org>  <MEMBER>
  * Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>
  * Misty Stanley-Jones <mi...@apache.org>
  * Todd Lipcon <to...@apache.org>  <MEMBER>

-Todd

Re: [NOTICE] Community vote to graduate Apache Kudu

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 10:26 AM, Todd Lipcon <to...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 10:22 AM, John D. Ament <jo...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Is the status page accurate? Only one added committer and no releases while
>> under incubation?
>>

> Yes, just one added committer so far.
>
> We've had five releases during incubation (3 minor releases with new
> features, and two bug-fix releases). You can find the links at
> http://kudu.incubator.apache.org/releases/
>
> I wasn't aware that they should be listed on the status page. Where do they
> go? I'll update the page.

You can just put them in the news section (with dates) -- that's what
I've seen with most
other podlings I've evaluated.

Also, Todd, could you please provide a breakdown of composition of the proposed
PMC re: who's on it is an existing ASF member?

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: [NOTICE] Community vote to graduate Apache Kudu

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@apache.org>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Is the status page accurate? Only one added committer and no releases while
under incubation?

John