Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "ermanno.travaglino" <er...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/10 17:54:03 UTC

Federation Plugin & Windows Live Id STS

Hi all,
It is possible to use the
http://owulff.blogspot.it/2011/11/configure-tomcat-for-federation-part.html
federation plugin  with Windows Live Id as a STS?

thanks in advance,

Ermanno

AW: AW: Federation Plugin & Windows Live Id STS

Posted by Oliver Wulff <ow...@talend.com>.
I haven't tested it but if WS-Federation 1.2 is supported by Windows Live Id it should work.

------

Oliver Wulff

Blog: http://owulff.blogspot.com
Solution Architect
http://coders.talend.com

Posted by "ermanno.travaglino" <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oliver Wulff <ow...@talend.com>.
Hi Ermanno

I haven't tested that. I've run tests with ASP.NET/WIF against the Mock IDP/STS.

As far as I know, Windows Live ID supports Windows Cardspace which is the predecessor of WIF and ADFS. The industry standard which must be supported is WS-Federation 1.1/1.2 which is supported by WIF and ADFS. Thus I'd say it should work.

Currently, the federation plugin doesn't support publishing a WS-Metadata document but this is planned to be supported in Q2. Here we will focus on WS-Federation 1.2 support.

Oli

------