Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Piergiorgio Lucidi <pi...@apache.org> on 2023/01/12 08:06:03 UTC

Looking for a champion: HyperIoT

Hi folks,

ACSoftware contacted me because they would like to donate their platform
named HyperIoT to the Foundation. I'm searching for a champion to build the
incubation proposal.

I'm an ASF Member, I could also help here for writing the proposal but I'm
not a PMC member for the Incubator project, I'm a committer for my past
incubation experience related to Apache ManifoldCF.

They currently published only the backend services on their GitHub account
but they are going to also share all the UI modules:
https://github.com/ACSoftwareTeam/HyperIoT-Platform

You can find more information and some screenshots here:
https://hyperiot.cloud/

Below is an overview of this platform.

HyperIoT is an OpenSource Cloud Native platform entirely based on Apache
Technologies for managing big data from any IoT network.
The platform captures the information sent from any source by managing data
compression, running statistics or machine/deep learning algorithms,
presenting data to the end user in realtime and offline mode (saved data).

It consists of the following macro-components (entirely built on top of
Apache Technologies):

- Realtime and Enrichments (Kafka and Storm): Realtime configuration and
visualization of data coming from sources with the possibility of defining
enrichment rules on incoming data

- Events and Alarm Management (Storm): Data are analyzed in real time with
the possibility of reporting any alarms by sending timely notifications
either to the device or using other channels such as email

- Persistence (HBase and Hadoop) : Data is saved in a secure mode

- Statistics and Machine Learning (Apache Spark): It is possible to run
periodically, on the saved data, machine learning algorithms or generic
statistics presenting the results of these computations in the user's
dashboard.

HyperIoT cloud infrastructure constitutes a generic server-side
architecture suitable for cross-cutting applications in various
manufacturing sectors. The infrastructure allows a user, without the
intervention of external developers, to be able to:

- Configure communication between the IoT network and the cloud (without
writing code but following graphically guided processes)
- Have a set of predefined statistics for the data being processed
- Upload your own analytics algorithms (for more technical users)
- Access an intuitive web interface for configurations and access to
real-time and historical data via different graphical widgets
- Share the information collected

The easy use of the platform through graphically guided processes allows it
to be used even by personnel who do not have specific knowledge about IoT
topics, data streaming, big data, etc...

This will help spread the benefits of IoT and Industry 4.0 technologies
even to personnel who are not exactly experts.

Thank you for your support.

Cheers,
PJ

--
Piergiorgio

Re: Looking for a champion: HyperIoT

Posted by Piergiorgio Lucidi <pi...@apache.org>.
Hi,

ACSoftware shared all the modules in their GitHub account and they also changed the license:
https://github.com/orgs/ACSoftwareTeam/repositories

They are going to improve the documentation in order to facilitate the adoption process.
More information will be provided directly by Aristide that now is following this list.

Please share your feedback.
Cheers,
PJ

Posted by Piergiorgio Lucidi <pi...@apache.org>.
Hi folks,

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@comcast.net>.

Sent from my iPhone

From: Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 12. January 2023 at 11:26
To: general@incubator.apache.org <ge...@incubator.apache.org>

Posted by Calvin Kirs <ki...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jan 12, 2023 at 9:22 PM Christofer Dutz
<ch...@c-ware.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> well … it being used is not a requirement … some projects have been joining Apache even without a single user, but we want at least a minimum on community around it.

Having said that, I would still recommend trying open source before
considering an incubator first, to first make sure that open source is
really the way to go for you.

> [...]
> > > manufacturing sectors. The infrastructure allows a user, without the
> > > intervention of external developers, to be able to:
> > >
> > > - Configure communication between the IoT network and the cloud (without
> > > writing code but following graphically guided processes)
> > > - Have a set of predefined statistics for the data being processed
> > > - Upload your own analytics algorithms (for more technical users)
> > > - Access an intuitive web interface for configurations and access to
> > > real-time and historical data via different graphical widgets
> > > - Share the information collected
> > >
> > > The easy use of the platform through graphically guided processes allows it
> > > to be used even by personnel who do not have specific knowledge about IoT
> > > topics, data streaming, big data, etc...
> > >
> > > This will help spread the benefits of IoT and Industry 4.0 technologies
> > > even to personnel who are not exactly experts.

Best wishes!
CalvinKirs

Re: Looking for a champion: HyperIoT

From: Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>