Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by kranga <kr...@k2d2.org> on 2007/09/07 22:14:16 UTC

Comment about Tapestry's growth

http://www.javalobby.org/java/forums/t101110.html

Tapestry, despite being a strong competitor to JSF, has gone virtually no
where. once it is experienced its initial growth spurt after being released.
It's basically flat. Unlike the Ruby on Rails vs. Spring data, the data at
dice.com seems to support this one. There are currently only 87 jobs listed
for Tapestry. This part is hard to debate no matter how you spin the
numbers. Tapestry is virtually flat as far as having any kind of growth.

RE: Comment about Tapestry's growth

Posted by Mark Stang <ms...@pingidentity.com>.
Or if you want to get anything done, you need A LOT of programmers.

Mark J. Stang
Software Engineer
office: +1 303.468.2900
Ping Identity

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Geez those guys are such ass clowns.....

I wonder what the average kind of shop is that employs JSF engineers
anyways?  A factory of internal one off app developers?  (not that
internal apps are bad)

Searching on dice.com shows lots of "eh" employers for JSF while under
Tapestry I see fun looking names like
E*Trade/eBay/zillow/Expedia/etc....

It's not always important to be the most popular,  just being the best
is fine by me.

On 9/7/07, Filip S. Adamsen <fs...@fsadev.com> wrote:
> If you take a closer look at the comments you'll see that JSF isn't all
> that hot after all, and the way the author came up with the numbers is
> questionable at best, so there's really nothing to see here.
>
> -Filip
>
> kranga skrev:
> > http://www.javalobby.org/java/forums/t101110.html
> >
> > Tapestry, despite being a strong competitor to JSF, has gone virtually
> > no where. once it is experienced its initial growth spurt after being
> > released. It's basically flat. Unlike the Ruby on Rails vs. Spring data,
> > the data at dice.com seems to support this one. There are currently only
> > 87 jobs listed for Tapestry. This part is hard to debate no matter how
> > you spin the numbers. Tapestry is virtually flat as far as having any
> > kind of growth.

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Re: Comment about Tapestry's growth