Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Nicholas Quaine <qu...@jpmorgan.com> on 2001/02/13 17:59:49 UTC

RE: VB runtime err 0x800A157C (client message could not be sent to its destination)

for those interested in this issue,
the continuing saga of ms-apache interoperability...

1 - microsoft acknowledges this as a bug and has fixed it in MSSoap Toolkit 2.0
beta 2 (not yet released as far as I know)
2 - it is not possible to configure the high level API to use XMLHTTPConnector
rather than HTTPLibConnector
3 - if I hack the server side to remove the "charset=utf-8" from the
Content-Type line, the error dutifully goes away (though it is immediately
replaced by another!)

regards
Nick

quaine_nicholas@jpmorgan.com on 02/13/2001 05:53:05 AM

Please respond to soap-user@xml.apache.org

To:   soap-user@xml.apache.org
cc:   (bcc: Nicholas Quaine)
Subject:  RE: VB runtime err 0x800A157C (client message could not be sent    to
      its destination)

thanks Herve

as described in another post to this group I have a VB client working against an
Apache server using the low level API. It can handle without a problem the exact
return envelope that makes the high-level API client fall over.

I did not understand the inconsistency until now - but your post clears that up.

Now, like you I could not find the documentation for the SoapConnectorFactory
anywhere in the soap toolkit documentation.

Is there anyone from Microsoft out there who can comment on how to do what Herve
is saying????

thanks
Nick

--- MS Toolkit 2 documentation says "The SOAP Toolkit 2.0 can be configured to
--- use additional SoapConnector implementations. See the documentation for the
--- SoapConnectorFactory object for more information"

shu@esker.fr on 02/13/2001 05:11:43 AM

Please respond to soap-user@xml.apache.org

To:   soap-dev@xml.apache.org, soap-user@xml.apache.org
cc:   (bcc: Nicholas Quaine)
Subject:  RE: VB runtime err 0x800A157C (client message could not be sent to its
      destination)

Hello Nick,

MS Soap Toolkit 2.0 uses HTTPLibConnector as default connector for clients
running NT or Windows 2000. I think there is a bug in this connector to
parse "text/xml; charset=utf-8" content type.

To solve this problem, you can use XMLHTTPConnector which works correctly
with Apache SOAP. But it implies the use of Low Level API of MS Toolkit 2.

MS Toolkit 2 documentation says "The SOAP Toolkit 2.0 can be configured to
use additional SoapConnector implementations. See the documentation for the
SoapConnectorFactory object for more information", perhaps it is the way to
select preferred connector without too much modifying actual code using High
Level API. But nowhere I could found the documentation for
SoapConnectorFactory.

Herve Shu