Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Александър Шопов <as...@contact.bg> on 2008/10/25 15:54:33 UTC

Comparing Spring with Guice (and...) for Wicket

Hi guys,

I have just read the 13-th chapter - Multitiered architectures of the
nice book Wicket in Action.
In it the authors show how to set up a web filter that injects
references to DAOs using the Spring framework.
Still the authors say that they prefer Guice. Apart from that - I am not
well acquainted with Spring and the latest 1.3.5 version of Wicket has
the following libraries:

wicket-ioc-1.3.5.jar

wicket-spring-1.3.5.jar
wicket-spring-annot-1.3.5.jar

wicket-guice-1.3.5.jar

So I was wondering - what other ways are there to get a web filter
inject the DAOs (maybe via wicket-guice and wicket-ioc) or are there any
other practical ways of getting the DAOs.

Kind regards:
al_shopov