Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> on 2008/11/12 21:51:31 UTC

[VOTE] Qpid Graduation - for top level

It is with the support of our mentors and a community vote on our dev
list that Qpid
would like to graduate. In our last graduation vote the incubator PMC
felt that the
Qpid project should increase its diversity. Over the intervening months
Qpid has
added more independents to the project & PPMC, bringing the diversity to
7 legally
independent parties (not counting those mentors who will stay on to help
advise), with
the PPMC diversity at 5 legally independent parties (also not counting
mentors).

Qpid also continues to attract more contributors (both independents and
large corporates),
so the committer pool and diversity should continue to expand as
contributors are voted
in as committers.

Qpid has also made an additional release since the last graduation
attempt and is currently
working through close down of the next release. Qpid was accepted into
the incubator
August 2006.

Attached is the graduation resolution, Please consider your vote for our
graduation.

many thanks.
Carl.

---------------------------

Committee charged with the creation and maintenance
of open-source software related to distributed messaging,
for distribution at no charge to the public.

Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Qpid Project",
Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Qpid Project be and hereby is
related to distributed messaging; a multiple language
implementation providing daemons and APIs for publish &
subscribe, eventing and a wide range of message distribution patterns
based on the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) and
related technologies such as (transaction management, federation,
security, management); and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Qpid" be and
hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at
the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the
Apache Qpid Project, and to have primary responsibility for
management of the projects within the scope of responsibility
of the Apache Qpid Project; and be it further

Apache Qpid Project:

    * Aidan Skinner
    * Alan Conway
    * Arnaud Simon
    * Carl Trieloff
    * Craig Russell
    * Gordon Sim
    * Jonathan Robie
    * John O'Hara
    * Kim van der Riet
    * Marnie McCormack
    * Martin Ritchie
    * Manuel Teira
    * Paul Fremantle
    * Nuno Santos
    * Rafael Schloming
    * Rajith Attapattu
    * Robert Greig
    * Robert Godfrey
    * Steve Huston
    * Ted Ross
    * Yoav Shapira

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that
Carl Trieloff be appointed to the office of Vice President,
Qpid, to serve in accordance with and subject to the
direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the
Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it
further

RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Qpid
encumbered upon the Apache Incubator be hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Qpid Graduation - for top level

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Qpid Graduation - for top level

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 9:51 PM, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]
>   * Manuel Teira
>   * Paul Fremantle
>   * Nuno Santos
>   * Rafael Schloming
>   * Rajith Attapattu
>   * Robert Greig
>   * Robert Godfrey
>   * Steve Huston
>   * Ted Ross
>   * Yoav Shapira
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that
> Carl Trieloff be appointed to the office of Vice President,
> Qpid, to serve in accordance with and subject to the
> direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the
> Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
> disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it
> further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Qpid
> encumbered upon the Apache Incubator be hereafter discharged.

Apache Wicket 1.3.4 is released

Re: [VOTE] Qpid Graduation - for top level

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My +1 (mentor/IPMC)

I never know if we need to vote again ;)  My +1 as well, with both
mentor and IPMC hats.

Yoav

Re: [VOTE] Qpid Graduation - for top level

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
My +1 (mentor/IPMC)

Paul

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 9:03 PM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>   * Manuel Teira
>>   * Paul Fremantle
>>   * Nuno Santos
>>   * Rafael Schloming
>>   * Rajith Attapattu
>>   * Robert Greig
>>   * Robert Godfrey
>>   * Steve Huston
>>   * Ted Ross
>>   * Yoav Shapira
>>
>> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that
>> Carl Trieloff be appointed to the office of Vice President,
>> Qpid, to serve in accordance with and subject to the
>> direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the
>> Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
>> disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it
>> further
>>
>> RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Qpid
>> encumbered upon the Apache Incubator be hereafter discharged.

Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2
Apache Synapse PMC Chair
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: [VOTE] Qpid Graduation - for top level

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
My +1 (mentor/IPMC)

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Good job on the community work !!!

+1 (non-binding)

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk

Re: [VOTE] Qpid Graduation - for top level

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Qpid Graduation - for top level

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Many thanks to our mentors,
Carl.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Many thanks to our mentors,
Carl.

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 8:51 PM, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Carl Trieloff wrote:
>>
>> It is with the support of our mentors and a community vote on our dev list
>> that Qpid
>> would like to graduate. In our last graduation vote the incubator PMC felt
>> that the
>> Qpid project should increase its diversity. Over the intervening months
>> Qpid has
>> added more independents to the project & PPMC, bringing the diversity to 7
>> legally
>> independent parties (not counting those mentors who will stay on to help
>> advise), with
>> the PPMC diversity at 5 legally independent parties (also not counting
>> mentors).
>>
>> Qpid also continues to attract more contributors (both independents and
>> large corporates),
>> so the committer pool and diversity should continue to expand as
>> contributors are voted
>> in as committers.
>>
>> Qpid has also made an additional release since the last graduation attempt
>> and is currently
>> working through close down of the next release. Qpid was accepted into the
>> incubator
>> August 2006.
>>

> Binding - names listed at: http://incubator.apache.org/whoweare.html
>
> (8 +1 binding)
>
> Niall Pemberton niall.pemberton@gmail.com
> Martijn Dashorst martijn.dashorst@gmail.com
> Bertrand Delacretaz bdelacretaz@apache.org
> Jim Jagielski jim@jaguNET.com
> Craig L Russell  Craig.Russell@Sun.COM
> Yoav Shapira yoavs@apache.org
> Paul Fremantle pzfreo@gmail.com
> Ant Elder ant.elder@gmail.com
>
> (2 +1 non-binding)
>
> Daniel Kulp dkulp@apache.org
> Luciano Resende luckbr1975@gmail.com
>
> no (0 or -1 votes)
>
> Many thanks to all those involved and that voted on the community vote
> etc... I will now
> pass the resolution onto the board.
>
> Carl.

Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2
Apache Synapse PMC Chair
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Qpid Graduation - for top level

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 8:51 PM, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Carl Trieloff wrote:
>>
>> It is with the support of our mentors and a community vote on our dev list
>> that Qpid
>> would like to graduate. In our last graduation vote the incubator PMC felt
>> that the
>> Qpid project should increase its diversity. Over the intervening months
>> Qpid has
>> added more independents to the project & PPMC, bringing the diversity to 7
>> legally
>> independent parties (not counting those mentors who will stay on to help
>> advise), with
>> the PPMC diversity at 5 legally independent parties (also not counting
>> mentors).
>>
>> Qpid also continues to attract more contributors (both independents and
>> large corporates),
>> so the committer pool and diversity should continue to expand as
>> contributors are voted
>> in as committers.
>>
>> Qpid has also made an additional release since the last graduation attempt
>> and is currently
>> working through close down of the next release. Qpid was accepted into the
>> incubator
>> August 2006.
>>

> Binding - names listed at: http://incubator.apache.org/whoweare.html
>
> (8 +1 binding)
>
> Niall Pemberton niall.pemberton@gmail.com
> Martijn Dashorst martijn.dashorst@gmail.com
> Bertrand Delacretaz bdelacretaz@apache.org
> Jim Jagielski jim@jaguNET.com
> Craig L Russell  Craig.Russell@Sun.COM
> Yoav Shapira yoavs@apache.org
> Paul Fremantle pzfreo@gmail.com
> Ant Elder ant.elder@gmail.com
>
> (2 +1 non-binding)
>
> Daniel Kulp dkulp@apache.org
> Luciano Resende luckbr1975@gmail.com
>
> no (0 or -1 votes)
>
> Many thanks to all those involved and that voted on the community vote
> etc... I will now
> pass the resolution onto the board.
>
> Carl.

Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2
Apache Synapse PMC Chair
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

[RESULT] [VOTE] Qpid Graduation - for top level

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> +1 !
>
> (PS: Please add Email addresses to the Resolution).

ack, will do so before I submit it to the board.

many thanks
Carl.

Re: [VOTE] Qpid Graduation - for top level

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1 !

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 9:51 PM, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:
> ...Attached is the graduation resolution, Please consider your vote for our
> graduation...

+1

-Bertrand

Re: [VOTE] Qpid Graduation - for top level

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1 !