Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/23 17:05:24 UTC

[VOTE] Apache IoTDB 0.10.1 (incubating) RC1 release

Hi all,

This is a vote for releasing v0.10.1, which is a bug-fix version of
v0.10.0.

You can get its mainly changes from [5].

Apache IoTDB (Incubating)  0.10.1 has been staged under [2] and it’s time
to vote
on accepting it for release.  All Maven artifacts are available under [1].
If approved we will seek final release approval from the IPMC.

Voting will be open for 72hr.

A minimum of 3 binding +1 votes and more binding +1 than binding -1
are required to pass.

tag: release/0.10.1
Hash for the release tag: 85a324c9c463a4888fd16efe2139444a4e77a8b5

According to [3], "Before voting +1 [P]PMC members are required to download
the signed source code package, compile it as provided, and test
the resulting executable on their own platform, along with also
verifying that the package meets the requirements of the ASF policy
on releases."

You can achieve the above by following [4].

[ ]  +1 accept (indicate what you validated - e.g. performed the non-RM
items in [4])
[ ]  -1 reject (explanation required)

[1] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheiotdb-1040
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/iotdb/0.10.1/rc1
[3] https://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release
[4]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IOTDB/Validating+a+staged+Release
[5]
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/iotdb/0.10.1/rc1/RELEASE_NOTES.md
[6] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/iotdb/KEYS

Best,
-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

 黄向东
清华大学 软件学院

回复:[VOTE] Apache IoTDB 0.10.1 (incubating) RC1 release

Posted by 南京大学软件学院薛恺丰 <82...@qq.com>.
Hi,

+1 from committer : )

I checked:

- Incubating in name
- Download links
- Signatures and hashes&nbsp;
- DISCLAIMER
- Git tag
- ASF headers in all source files
- Compiling from source
- LICENSE and NOTICE
- Start in Mac
- Run with following statements

SET STORAGE GROUP TO root.turbine;
CREATE TIMESERIES root.turbine.d1.s0 WITH DATATYPE=DOUBLE, ENCODING=GORILLA;
insert into root.turbine.d1(timestamp,s0) values(1,1);
insert into root.turbine.d1(timestamp,s0) values(2,2);
insert into root.turbine.d1(timestamp,s0) values(3,3);
select * from root;

This is a vote for releasing v0.10.1, which is a bug-fix version of
v0.10.0.

You can get its mainly changes from [5].

Apache IoTDB (Incubating)&nbsp; 0.10.1 has been staged under [2] and it’s time
to vote
on accepting it for release.&nbsp; All Maven artifacts are available under [1].
If approved we will seek final release approval from the IPMC.

Voting will be open for 72hr.

A minimum of 3 binding +1 votes and more binding +1 than binding -1
are required to pass.

tag: release/0.10.1
Hash for the release tag: 85a324c9c463a4888fd16efe2139444a4e77a8b5

According to [3], "Before voting +1 [P]PMC members are required to download
the signed source code package, compile it as provided, and test
the resulting executable on their own platform, along with also
verifying that the package meets the requirements of the ASF policy
on releases."

You can achieve the above by following [4].

[ ]&nbsp; +1 accept (indicate what you validated - e.g. performed the non-RM
items in [4])
[ ]&nbsp; -1 reject (explanation required)

[1] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheiotdb-1040
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/iotdb/0.10.1/rc1
[3] https://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release
[4]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IOTDB/Validating+a+staged+Release
[5]
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/iotdb/0.10.1/rc1/RELEASE_NOTES.md
[6] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/iotdb/KEYS

Best,
-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

&nbsp;黄向东
清华大学 软件学院

Re: [VOTE] Apache IoTDB 0.10.1 (incubating) RC1 release

Posted by Yuyuan KANG <ky...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi,

+1 from committer

I checked the following operations on Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.04:
  - Incubating in name
  - Download links
  - Signatures and hashes
  - DISCLAIMER
  - Compiling the source files
  - Starting server and client
  - Executing following statements:
    + set storage group to root.turbine;
    + create timeseries root.turbine.d1.s0 with datatype=double, encoding=gorilla;;
    + insert into root.turbine.d1(timestamp,s0) values(1,1);
    + insert into root.turbine.d1(timestamp,s0) values(2,2);
    + insert into root.turbine.d1(timestamp,s0) values(3,3);
    + show timeseries
    + select * from root;
    + delete timeseries root.turbine;

Best,
Yuyuan Kang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

康愈圆
清华大学,软件学院

在2020-07-24 01:05:24,Xiangdong Huang<sa...@gmail.com>写道:

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> -1  from contributor
>
> Check third party dependencies [Not OK]
> hive-connector’s dependencies(hive-serde -> orc-core ) use GPL 2.0 license, which incompatible with apache 2.0 license
> (Remove the orc-core dependency in hive-serde and use orc-core 1.6 is ok )

Excellent work on finding this and many thanks for your vote.

Kind regards,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Apache IoTDB 0.10.1 (incubating) RC1 release

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hi,

yes, big thank to Houliang for his finding and good that you cancel the vote.

I think its good for the community also to see that it doesn’t matter if you are committer or PMC or just a user who contributes a bit in his spare time to make an impact if you bring up good points!

Julian

Am 27.07.20, 11:51 schrieb "Xiangdong Huang" <sa...@gmail.com>:

    Hi,

    Thanks all for voting for this release.

    As Houliang mentioned, in iotdb-hive-connector, we use Apache Hive
    (hive-serde) 2.8.4 as a dependency.

    Sadly, Apache Hive depends on Apache ORC file, v1.3.4, but orc-core v.1.3.4
    has a GPL dependency...

    ORC-core v1.6 fixed the issue.

    We have to exclude orc-core v1.3.4 from hive-serde 2.8.4 and claim
    orc-corev1.6 explicitly.

    (This will be a good hint for all users/projects who use Apache Hive 2.8.4)

    I'd like to terminate this vote and will begin to release RC2.

    Best,
    -----------------------------------

    Houliang Qi <ne...@163.com> 于2020年7月27日周一 下午4:41写道:

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

From: Dawei Liu
Date: 2020-07-24 22:14
To: dev@iotdb.apache.org
CC: dev@iotdb.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache IoTDB 0.10.1 (incubating) RC1 release

Re: Re: [VOTE] Apache IoTDB 0.10.1 (incubating) RC1 release

Posted by "runhuster@foxmail.com" <ru...@foxmail.com>.
Hi,

+1  from contributor

I checked: